Posted on :
1 Mar, 2019
1 Mar, 2019
The West African Examinations Council invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the under-mentioned vacant positions in the Ghana National Office
Job Title: Account Clerks
The successful applicant will be required to perform the following duties among others:
• Perform accounting and clerical duties in the Finance Division
• Type, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
• Prepare bank deposit slips, general ledger postings and statements
• Enter financial transactions in database daily
• Provide assistance and support to Finance personnel.
Qualification required & experience
• Applicants must possess a minimum of WASSCE/SSSCE/GCE Ordinary Level/General Business Examination Certificate with credits in at least five (5) subjects, including English Language, Mathematics and Finance/Cost Accounting.
• Any additional certification in a relevant area will be an added advantage.
• In addition, applicants must be computer literate with proficiency in the use of MS Excel.
• Applicants must have at least one year relevant post-qualification experience in a reputable organization.
• Attention to Detail
• Good communication skills
• Integrity and the ability to act responsibly and ethically
• Accuracy in accounting computations and data entry
• Strong people skills, a polite and professional demeanor.
• Applicants must not be more than thirty-five (35) years at the time of applying.
NOTE: All applicants must be physically and medically fit and of good character.
Remuneration: The salary and conditions of service are highly competitive.
How to Apply
Interested persons may download a set of application forms (Form B) from the Council’s website at the address: Click below To Download Application Forms Completed application forms must be submitted at the WAEC Main reception, Accra (behind the Ridge Hospital) or any of the WAEC Branch Offices located in the Regional Capital nearest to the applicant not later than 8th March, 2019.
Closing Date: 08 March, 2019
Interested females are encouraged to apply.