Posted on :
17 Dec, 2021
17 Dec, 2021
The West African Examinations Council invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the under-mentioned vacant positions in the Ghana National Office.
Job Title: Assistant Transport Officer
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The successful applicant will be required to perform the following duties among others in the Transport Department:
• Ensure the maintenance and servicing of the vehicles.
• Maintain an up-to-date database of all the institution’s vehicles.
• Arrange for repairs and routine maintenance.
• Conduct regular inspection of vehicles.
• Maintain and complete accurate records.
• Keep schedules and organise team members.
• Check vehicles’ log Information.
• Submit regular and comprehensive monthly reports on vehicle movements, fuel usage and problems.
• Assist in allocating and rotating appropriate work assignments.
Qualification Required & Experience
Applicants must possess the following qualifications:
• A minimum of WASSCE/SSSCE/GBCE/GCE Ordinary Level with credits in at least five (5) subjects, including English Language and Mathematics
• Higher National Diploma (HND) in Automobile/Mechanical Engineering
• A Valid Driving Licence ‘C’.
• Applicants must have at least three years relevant post-qualification experience in a reputable organisation.
• Strong leadership and logistical skills.
• Effective negotiating skills
• Ability to work well with and to influence others.
• Good attention to detail.
• Effective communication skills.
• Excellent geographical knowledge.
• Knowledge of transportation vehicles.
• Knowledge of procedures, laws and regulations
Applicants must not be more than thirty-five (35) years of age at the time of applying.