Posted on :
14 Oct, 2016
14 Oct, 2016
The West African Examinations Council, a sub-regional organization responsible for the conduct of various examinations in the English-speaking West African countries, invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill a vacant position at its Ghana National Office.
Job Title: Head of Stores
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful applicant will be required to perform the following duties among others:
• Establishing a reliable supply and logistics system
• Managing and coordinating activities of the Stores Department to ensure effective and efficient service delivery
• Rationalizing of Inventory while anticipating and avoiding supply shortages
• Instituting an effective stores system to ensure accurate receipts, issues and store keeping
• Preparing stock levels regularly for guidance of management
• Undertaking annual stock count and submit report to management
• Supervising the operations of the Stores department.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicants must hold a good University degree (at least Second class, Lower Division) and be a member of good standing of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (MClPS).
• Applicants must have at least ten (10) years post qualification experience in Stores, Materials or Procurement.
• Applicants must be well-versed in the provisions of the Public Procurement Act, 2003 (Act 663) and have a working knowledge of the Financial Administration Act, 2003 (Act 654) and other related legislation.
• Demonstrable leadership qualities and emotional intelligence
• High integrity, sense of confidentiality and reliability
• Good organizational and co-ordination skills and must be results-oriented
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Team player
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates are requested to pick application forms from the Council’s Offices, behind the Ridge Hospital, Accra. Candidates may also download Application Forms from the Council’s website at the following addresses: www.waecheadquartersgh.org or www.waecgh.org
The completed application forms should be submitted in person or by post not later than November 14, 2016, to the following address:
The West African examinations
P.O. Box 125
Attention: Deputy Director, HRM
Closing Date: 14 November, 2016
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.