Posted on :
13 Sep, 2018
13 Sep, 2018
The West African Examinations Council, responsible for the conduct of various examinations in the English-speaking West African countries, invites applications from suitably qualified person(s) to fill the under-mentioned position which will be vacant with effect from October 1, 2019.
Job Title: Registrar / Head of Mission
Registrar / Head of Mission
The position of the Registrar is filled by contract appointment for a term of five years renewable for a maximum of two years
The Registrar is the Chief Executive of the Council and Head of Mission. As Secretary to Council and Head of the Secretariat, the Registrar is responsible for the efficient conduct of the Council’s operations in the member countries.
Applicants must not be more than fifty eight (58) years on assumption of duty and should be seasoned administrators of unquestionable character.
Salary / Benefits
The salary for the position is very attractive and compares favorably with those paid to Chief Executives of other inter-governmental organisations in the sub-region. There are several fringe benefits attached to the position, including free accommodation, official chauffeur-driven car, expatriate allowance, education allowance (for up to a
maximum of four children who are in educational institutions), domestic staff and paid annual leave.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicants must hold a good First Degree in Business Administration (Management Option) or any of the Social Sciences – (Minimum, Second Class Lower). Any additional certification in the relevant area will be an added advantage.
Eligible applicants must have the following attributes
• Excellent leadership ability.
• High level ofintegrity, confidentiality and reliability,
• Good organizational and co-ordination skills and be results-oriented.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent Team player
• Computer Literacy
How to Apply
• Interested candidates are requested to pick application forms from the council’s Headquaters at Okponglo, adjacent to National Identification Authority, arounnd Tetteh Quarshie lnterchange,Accra or the National Office near the Ridge Hospital. Candidates may also download Application Forms from the Council’s website at the following address: www.waecheadquartersgh.org Or Click On The Link Below
• Completed application forms should be submitted not later than 4 May, 2018 to the following address: The Registrar Thru’ Head of National Office, WAEC, Ridge The West African Examinations Council, Headquarters P. O. Box 125 Accra Attention: Deputy Director, HRM, Headquarters,Accra
Closing Date: 30 September, 2018 Please Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted