Posted on :
28 Feb, 2022
28 Feb, 2022
The West African Health Organization (WAHO) is the health institution of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) charged with leadership and coordination of health improvement programs across the ECOWAS region. WAHO is seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates to fill the under listed vacant position
Job Title: Research applications – Academic Institutions Programme Officer
• Under the supervision of the Principal Programme Officer Research and Grants, the incumbent shall be responsible for research and academics institutions, development and implementation of regional research programs in the region, development and the implementation of regional research capacities strengthening and the dissemination, synthesizing and translation of the research results into policy and practices.
Role and Responsibilities
The incumbent shall:
• Assess the research needs, research develop process, research dissemination and the research environment within the research and academics institutions.
• Advocate for collaborative r esearch program with the research and academics institutions, develop the regional research program in collaboration with research and academics institutions, building research capacities and skills programs, constituencies and identifying resources, s etting research priorities in the WAHO thematic priorities area, developing plans and policies to address research
priority needs and building inter-sectoral action to support research objectives with research and academics institutions.
• Assemble research evidence, develop and implement a knowledge transfer platform for translating evidence into policy and practices.
• Provide regional leadership on research interventions.
• Evaluate research programs and providing quality assurance.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Public Health or Pharmacy or Epidemiology from a recognized university;
• 5 to 7 years of progressive responsible experience in the implementation of public health programs involving test and research laboratories, Non epidemic diseases, neglected tropical disease
• knowledge of health policies and related laboratory work environment in the ECOWAS member State
• ability to coordinate a range of diverse actors and activities to achieve a common objective in the area of public health
• proficiency in working with standard office IT applications in research area;
JOB DESCRIPTION JOB CODE:
ECOWAS Key Competencies
• ability to get groups to work together cooperatively, by enlisting active involvement, creating a climate for respect and openness, and applying effective techniques for group facilitation, explore their potentials, motivate and guide them;
• organize and lead cross-divisional work group in developing creative solutions to address problems and or lead a small group of entry level professionals and administrative support staff;
• ability to respect chain of command in an appropriate manner; develop on—the-job training techniques paired with excellent coaching and mentoring skills; knowledge of new staff orientation approaches to facilitate understanding of the position and organization;
• ability to assign work to direct reports and provide timely and consistent feedback regarding technical proficiency and effectiveness;
• ability to represent the organization effectively before external parties.