Posted on :
23 Aug, 2018
23 Aug, 2018
Our client, the West African Power Pool (WAPP), is an institution established by the mandate of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) to, among others, develop a sustainable regional electricity supply system in order to promote the economic growth of the ECOWAS sub region. To achieve this objective, there is the need for WAPP to establish a regional electricity market in West Africa through the appropriate development and implementation of key infrastructure so that all ECOWAS member states are given access to economic energy resources.
Within this framework, the Governments of Nigeria, Niger, Benin, Togo and Burkina are collaborating to develop a sub-regional interconnection project referred to as the 330 kV WAPP North Core Project. The project involves the construction of approximately 875 km of 330 kV transmission lines from Nigeria to Burkina Faso, through Niger, and Benin. As a social mitigation measure, the project also envisages the electrification of rural communities located within a 5 km radius on both sides of the line, as well as the implementation of other environmental and social mitigation measures.
An Implementation Management Unit (IMU) with one central office in Abuja and local offices in the other countries is being established as part of the project’s institutional framework to, among others, assist in the preparation and physical implementation of the North Core project.
Blueprint Consult Company Limited, on behalf of WAPP, is recruiting for the following six (6) key positions of the Implementation Management Unit (IMU) and invites qualified professionals to submit their applications for consideration.
Job Title: Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
• The Senior M&E Specialist will be responsible for drafting and implementing the M&E strategy of the IMU.
• The jobholder will oversee the monitoring and evaluation of all project related activities and programs as well as prepare regular M& E reports.
• S/he will also ensure compliance with requirements of the funding institutions.
Key responsibilities include:
• Prepare a draft of the M&E Plan for the North Core Project and manage the implementation of such plan;
• Develop an M&E Manual and indicator data collection protocols for the project and ensure that the technical staff and project implementing partners comply with the manual
• Participate in the monitoring of the project components through site visits, review of project reports, and review of secondary data
• Manage sub-contractors, consultants to ensure that M&E deliverables are of high quality and submitted in a timely manner
Qualification Required & Experience
• Masters degree and above in a relevant field of study such as Social Sciences, Economics, Psychology, and Mathematics as well as qualification and proven use of Statistics.
• At least eight (8) years of progressively responsible experience in monitoring and evaluation, five (5) of
which should have been in a similar role, on projects of similar complexity ie. multiple locations and
stakeholders, regional project;
• Proven experience in monitoring and evaluation of projects funded by multilateral partners;
• Experience in monitoring projects in the power sector will be an advantage.
Skills and competencies:
• Excellent ability to use relevant statistical software (such as STATA or SPSS) and other relevant software
• Strong oral and written communications skills with a proven ability to convey information clearly and
concisely; good analytic writing skills
• Ability to work in multidisciplinary and multilingual teams
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to apply strictly online. Kindly download application forms and complete, clearly indicating the position you are applying for. Click The Button Below To Download Application FormPlease send completed application forms accompanied by an application letter to:[email protected] or [email protected] For further enquiries kindly send emails to: [email protected] or call +233 302 963401
Closing Date: 03 September, 2018