Winrock International is a non-profit organization that works with people around the world to increase economic opportunity, sustain natural resources, and protect the environment. Winrock International is currently recruiting for the position of full-time Nutrition Specialist in its Tamale office to support the five-year, USAID-funded Feed the Future Ghana Agriculture and Natural Resources Management Project (USAID AgNRM).
AgNRM seeks to provide a scalable, integrated landscapes approach to support sustainable economic development and rural livelihoods, improve nutritional outcomes, expand climate change related risk management options, and strengthen northern Ghana’s natural resource base. As part of this, AgNRM is supporting community-based natural resource management in the Black Volta Basin and in the Western and Eastern Biodiversity Corridors.
The project activities are being implemented within the Forestry Commission’s Community Resource Management Area (CREMA) framework under four project outcomes: 1) Increased Incomes from Natural Resource Products; 2) Improved Food and Nutritional Security; 3) Increased Farmer and Community Security/Access to Land and Natural Resources; and 4) Strengthened Environmental Stewardship.
Job Title: Multiple Use Water Systems Extension Officer
Winrock International is seeking applicants for the position of Multiple Use Water Systems Extension Officer as part of USAID-funded Feed the Future Ghana Agriculture and Natural Resources Management project.
- LOCATION: Several positions – Bolgatanga, Sandema, and Wa, Ghana
- UNIT:Forestry and Natural Resource Management Group
- POSITION TITLE: Multiple Use Water Systems Extension Officer
- STATUS: Full time
- REPORTS TO:Food Security and Nutrition Specialist
- The Multiple Use Water Systems Extension Officer will work with the Food Security and Nutrition Specialist, technical staff, field teams, and partners to identify, develop and/or strengthen water resource management in AgNRM’s Zone of Influence.
- Enterprise development, access to labor saving technologies, and household resilience will be enhanced through improved functioning of water resource management.
- Under the supervision of the Outcome 2 Lead, work directly with communities in the field to assess, design, and implement multiple use water services interventions, which will require local travel;
- Participate actively in AgNRM’s Community Land Use Planning activity;
- Liaise with other activity coordinators and Tamale-based staff to ensure coordination of water-related activities across AgNRM’s Zone of Influence;
- Assess capacity of existing CREMA management structures to manage water resources and respond to capacity needs with training and other actions to build their management capacities;
- Assist the Outcome 2 Lead and other team members in planning and implementation of all water-related components of the project;
- Ensure effective linkages and integration of activities with the other AgNRM components, including agriculture, value chain activities, natural resource management and improving CREMA governance capacities;
- Liaise with Communications Team to develop a variety of communications materials and knowledge resources to provide up-to-date success stories and evidence of program results and impacts;
- Coordinate and collect data and complete written reports on nutrition on a regular basis;
- Anticipate challenges in project implementation, identify solutions, and work with the team in problem-solving;
- Provide bi-weekly and quarterly report inputs, and participate in annual reporting and planning processes;
- Performs other duties that may be required as directed by the Outcome Two (2) Lead and/ the AgNRM management;
- Other duties as assigned.
SALARY & BENEFITS
The annual salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits include life, disability, and private medical insurance
Required Skills or Experience
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in natural resource management, water management, hydrology, agriculture, development studies, or relevant financial field.
- Minimum three years of relevant experience in implementing water-related community development activities.
- Experience in managing and mentoring formal and informal community groups.
- Experience organizing and managing community forums, such as trainings, workshops, and meetings.
- Demonstrated and proven record to work in a multidisciplinary team under changeable and complex circumstances.
- Previous work experience and knowledge of USAID or other donor projects.
- Excellent data collection, collation and reporting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English required.
- Fluency in at least one of the local languages spoken in AgNRM’s Zone of Influence: Wale, Kasem, Buli, Mampruli, Frafra, Kusaal, or Talene.
- Computer literacy, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel, is required.
How to Apply
All interested candidates shall submit their applications (maximum 5 pages including resume, two references and one-page cover letter) in English to: [email protected], indicating “Multiple Use Water Systems Extension Officer ” in the subject line.
The deadline for submission of the applications is March 16, 2018.
Qualified applicants will be invited for an in-person interview.
Winrock would like to graciously thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates who meet all requisite criteria and are short listed will be contacted. EEOE/AA.