Posted on :
22 Jul, 2016
22 Jul, 2016
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
Job Title: Gender Integration Specialist
Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International is seeking applicants for the position of Gender Integration Specialist to be based in Tamale, Ghana as part of a new USAID-funded Feed the Future Ghana Agriculture and Natural Resources Management project.
• LOCATION: Tamale, Ghana
• UNIT: Forestry and Natural Resource Management Group
• REPORTS TO:Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
• Conduct different gender-awareness training sessions and refresher workshops for AgNRM project staff, focusing on gender-based constraints and opportunities in the different regions and in relation to the different resources or livelihood activities, using own resources or outside expertise;
• Advise and mentor staff (headquarters, regional and site level) to sensitize them on how to integrate gender equality and female empowerment in activities and assist them in challenging gender discrimination and overcoming gender-based constraints;
• Visit site-level offices and selected communities to gain adequate knowledge of potentials and constraints, and the work environment, to be able to better monitor, support, and supervise gender integration;
• Work with Monitoring and Evaluation in the development, application, and monitoring of gender-sensitive indicators and the consistent use of sex disaggregation in reporting to better measure gender-related impacts and outcomes;
• Help identify gender-sensitive questions and useful sex disaggregated information in survey questionnaires/formats and provide gender-awareness training for staff who will conduct surveys, using own resources or outside expertise;
• Review and assess effectiveness of gender mainstreaming in AgNRM policies and in activities through reports, field visits, and surveys;
• Work with the Grants Management to ensure that small grants applicants include gender issues;
• Work with the Communications Manager to integrate gender content into communication materials (posters, scripts for radio or television, documentaries, and success stories);
• Ensure the effective implementation of AgNRM’s Gender Strategy, including:
o Monitoring, assessing, and reporting on the implementation of the Gender Strategy, in order to ensure compliance in all programming, planning, training, and activities
o Provide advice and inputs to better support consistent and effective gender integration in programming, planning, implementation, and monitoring
o Ensuring that working conditions are gender-sensitive, and free from discrimination and harassment
o Achieving a more equal female-male ratio of staff at all levels, decision-making positions, to better reflect Ghanaian society
• Network with other organizations to share gender-related information and best practices;
• Develop gender-related skills, tools, and conceptual frameworks to strengthen gender responsiveness and analysis in programming and implementation, using own resources or outside expertise;
• Provide monthly updates, and assist in compiling gender-related highlights and “success stories” for Quarterly and Annual Technical progress reports for donor submission;
• Prepare Annual Work Plan for gender component; and
• Complete other tasks as assigned by supervisor(s).
SALARY & BENEFITS
The annual salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits include life, disability and medical insurance, retirement, and other normal Winrock benefits.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Education: Master’s degree in a relevant field
• Work Experience: Five to seven years of relevant experience in gender integration into development projects
• Experience working with USAID-funded projects is an advantage
• Demonstrated and proven record to work in a multidisciplinary team
• In depth knowledge and work experience in the natural resources sector in Ghana;
• In depth knowledge and work experience in gender issues in natural resources;
• Ability to work in a team, including effectively contributing to joint planning and implementation of trainings, workshops, and other program activities;
• Excellent organizational skills;
• Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills;
• Required computer proficiencies: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet;
Language skills: English – fluent spoken, written.
How to Apply For the Job
All interested candidates shall submit their applications (maximum 5 pages including resume, three references and one-page cover letter) in English to:
[email protected], indicating “Gender Integration Specialist ” in the subject line.
Closing Date: 01 August, 2016
• Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
• Final deadline for applications is August 1, 2016.
• Winrock would like to graciously thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates who meet all requisite criteria and are short listed will be contacted.