The USAID-funded West Africa Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) leverages U.S. volunteer technical assistance to support agricultural priorities in the region. The F2F Program goal is to generate sustainable, broad-based economic growth in the agricultural sector. A secondary goal is to increase the U.S. public?s understanding of international development issues and programs and international understanding of the U.S. and U.S. development programs.
West Africa F2F in Ghana
Winrock International?s F2F Program in Ghana will focus on support for agriculture education and training (AET) as well as improved postharvest quality. This program will serve as a bridge between AET and the farm gate by piloting, adapting, and scaling practices and technologies to reduce postharvest losses and improve product quality, thus yielding direct economic impacts that complement and spread long-term gains associated with AET institutional support. F2F will coordinate with USAID?s Feed the Future projects in Ghana to ensure complementarity and avoid duplication of efforts.
Winrock aims to field approximately 90 volunteers in Ghana over the five-year program. Winrock is flexible to adjust focus areas as needed, to complement USAID/Ghana?s strategic priorities.
Job Title: Accountant/Finance Officer
Lead financial and administrative support functions of the project following USAID and Winrock policies and procedures, including tracking and reporting monthly field expenses, procurement, and logistical support for volunteers and staff.
Work to be performed:
- Maintain the general ledger and coordinate the preparation of monthly balance and reconciliation of project accounts;
- Ensure the safe, efficient, and transparent handling of all accounting and cash transactions;
- Maintain cash books and other financial records;
- Maintain deposit and check register;
- Prepare the monthly bank reconciliation;
- Prepare and submit monthly financial reports following USAID and Winrock policies and procedures;
- Ensure that all supporting documentation is prepared and filed according to Winrock procedures;
- Prepare and submit monthly projections;
- Coordinate and oversee procurement and financial transactions;
- Prepare, submit and file staff and local consultants? contracts following USAID and Winrock policies and procedures as well as Ghanaian Labor Law;
- Manage payment of salaries and benefits to staff, including updating staff leave records, and ensuring that the project complies with Ghanaian laws regarding employment, taxation, and other relevant issues;
- Prepare procurement documents for goods purchased, including seeking bids, drafting the purchase order, and liaising with HQ as necessary;
- Complete payments of vendors and other services or goods in accordance with USAID and Winrock policies and procedures;
- Oversee activities including purchasing, shipping and transportation, inventory, warehousing, and delivery.
- Lead office administration duties, including overseeing agreement with security and cleaning service providers, liaise with landlord on rent agreement and payments, and service of utilities and internet.
- Support volunteer logistics as needed, including hotel reservation and payments, vetting and payment to additional vendors (e.g., contract drivers or translators if needed), or other tasks as needed.
- Follows up on outstanding travel advances
- Reports all problems with financial administration and compliance without delay
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 5+ years in accounting/finance role
- Proficiency in QuickBooks required
- Experience working with International NGOs, preferred
- Experience working on USAID funded projects, preferred