Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, or related field. Master’s degree or Bachelor’s plus an advanced certificate in M&E, statistics, economics, or international development preferred. In close collaboration with the government of Ghana, the Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for developing and managing the M&E systems and processes for a results-oriented project to reduce child labor in Ghana through increasing the number of cocoa cooperatives demonstrating a reduction of child labor in the cocoa supply chain The position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, Engaging Cocoa Cooperatives to Combat Child Labor
The M&E Officer will be responsible for the implementation of the programs M&E activities and data reporting requirements. S/he will also serve as the point of contact with any external evaluation and/or special study contractors throughout the life of the project. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage a rigorous approach to monitoring and evaluation, including creating systems for monitoring performance progress toward specific objectives, outputs and outcomes;
- With the Project Director, ensure government and private sector counterparts ownership of the projects theory of change as well as project scope, measurement strategies and desired outcomes as expressed in the projects logic model and M&E plan;
- Develop strategies and tools for data flow, data collection, data quality assurance, data analysis, and regular reporting on approved indicators under each objective (Protection, Prevention);
- Working with selected ministries, departments and agencies (MDAs), strengthen and maintain data systems to collect/report on investigations, prosecutions, convictions and sentencing, assess systems gaps and create plan to address gaps;?
- Strengthen and maintain systems to collect and report data on child labor and services provided, including disaggregation by age, gender place of origin and type of trafficking;
- Oversee implementation of a study involving rigorous research on the prevalence?(to the extent possible) of child labor practices in Ghana; Contribute to research design and methodology for this study and all project-related research;
- Lead baseline survey/study and evaluation strategy for all approved outcomes and corresponding indicators, including capacity development measures;
- Work with agencies on dissemination of findings to support an evidence-based approach to improve targeting for preventing CL and for identifying more CL victims, as well as to measure the quality of victim-centered comprehensive care;
- Monitor the results of the programs activities and contribute to periodic evaluations/assessments; contribute to dissemination of results to internal and external audiences;
- Build the capacity of ministries, private sector and other implementing partners in monitoring and evaluation; liaise with them to obtain necessary data and monitor the quality and timeliness of data submissions;
- Experience designing and managing multiple disaggregation variables for participant monitoring and database systems, including gender and age;
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator design, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and/performance monitoring plans;
- Experience in designing and administering data collection tools, conducting data entry, data cleaning, data processing and analysis;
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies;
- Experience managing and providing ongoing training to M&E field officers and/or subrecipients. • Experience with data quality assessments and oversight;
- Understanding of gender mainstreaming and analysis frameworks and development of indicators pertaining to adolescent girls’ and women’s economic empowerment is preferred
- Fluency in English required
Winrock is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people and value diversity and inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law.
Closing Date : 24 August, 2020