The Board of Directors and Council of Wisconsin International University College, Ghana wish to announce that the post of Vice-Chancellor of the University College has become vacant and needs to be filled. Academic staff of universities, including Wisconsin International University College, Ghana, who satisfy the requirements can apply.
Job Title: The Vice-Chancellor
The Vice-Chancellor is:
- The Chief Executive Officer of the University College and is accountable to the Council/Board of Directors. He/She is the academic and administrative head of the institution.
- The one who, under the broad guidance of the governing Council, promotes the vision and mission of the University College, sets and implements the University’s broad strategic plans and initiates new directions in the academic development of the University College.
- Responsible for advising the Council/Board of Directors on matters affecting policy, finance, governance and administration of the University College and shall be bound by the direction of the Council/Board of Directors.
- Responsible for discipline in the University College and in this respect shall be the Chief Disciplinary Officer of the institution.
Terms of Appointment
- The appointment is full-time for four years, including a six-month probationary period, in the first instance and subject to renewal based on satisfactory performance.
- Salary and fringe benefits attached to the post are attractive.
Required Skills or Experience
- Should be an academic of at least Senior Lecturer rank or qualified to be appointed as such; a terminal degree qualification would be preferred. Must also demonstrate at least 10 years administrative experience in an academic environment
- Must have a high degree of integrity
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills and must be a team player
- Must be visionary, business-oriented and able to establish rapport between industry and the University College for mutual purposes
- Must display creativity and innovation and must have mature and sober judgment
- Must be able to attract grants and funds for Research and Development activities of the University College
- Must be an individual who, judging from his/her track record, is likely to command respect as well as loyalty of members of staff and the university community
- Must be devoted and able to commit full-time attention to the business of the University College.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are to submit an application letter together with six (6) copies of the following:
Curriculum Vitae, including other relevant documents; names, telephone numbers, postal and email addresses of three (3) academic and professional referees who can attest to the qualities sought, one of whom must be from the last or current place of employment. Applicants should request their referees to forward their confidential reports to the Search Committee.
A short vision statement of at least four (4) pages.
All applications and references should be submitted to the address below.
Wisconsin International University College
P. O. Box LG 751
Legon – Accra
E-mail: [email protected]
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.