Due to ongoing expansion and new contracts, Wood has an opportunity for a IHUC Engineer, to join our dynamic, friendly team on a contract basis. This is an exciting opportunity to work on a project in Ghana.
You will be required to work with the main contractor supporting the oversight of the main contractor for the replacement of risers in the Jubilee field. Work will include day to day interfacing with the main contractor and the client teams.
Job Title: IHUC Engineer
- Temporary Decommissioning of existing systems for disconnection and reconnection flexible risers to an FPSO
- Planning and coordinating hydrocarbons shutdown and restart
- Planning and coordinating works both on board the FPSO and the contractor vessels
- Recommissioning of the systems as required by the project
- System handover from Project to Operations
Competency / Skill Requirements:-
- Good technical understanding of installation, hook up and commissioning activity
- Ability to deal with contractor under pressure
- Knowledge and understanding of Offshore Oil & Gas Operator production, operations and constraints
- Knowledge of oil and gas production operations
- Knowledge of issues and challenges with projects in various remote locations
- Preferred experience working with the client and clients corporate procedures
- Experience of working on board both FPSO and Contractor vessels
- Minimum 15 years’ experience
- Minimum BEng/BSc.
- Good communicator
- Goal / results oriented
- Organizational and coordination skills – ability to work effectively with multi-discipline teams
- Confident and effective working closely with customers
- Excellent negotiation skills
- The ability to take ownership of issues and see them through to resolution
We are looking for an individual who is willing to take ownership and be hands-on where necessary. The role will be ideal for a person with experience in installation, hook up and commissioning activity. Must be willing and able to travel internationally and work offshore with commensurate medical certificates.