Posted on :
15 Sep, 2016
15 Sep, 2016
Ghana Innovating is a USAID funded project designed to support the current portfolio of literacy projects in Ghana by promoting a culture of home-based reading, grounded in local language. It will augment current classroom-level interventions by promoting reading in the community and the home by using a SBCC strategy to initiate a social movement in reading at national, regional, local and family levels. The project seeks qualified professionals to fill the following listed vacancy
Job Title: Communications & Media Specialist
Summary of Responsibilities
• S/he will act as the communications lead for Ghana Innovating, maintaining up to date knowledge and communication resources for the project. In particular, the post will be tasked with delivery of the communications strategy for the project to promote family reading with young children at the household and community level.
• The candidate will work very closely with GES and project staff and have overall responsibility for managing the production and distribution of the project’s communications materials, at other regional and national level.
• She or he will also maintain the project’s website, and work with staff on communications capacity building.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related disciplines,
• Five (5) years of relevant experience preferred, and have proven writing and communications skills
• The position requires a keen instinct to know what is news-worthy and makes for strong copy.
• Additionally, qualified candidates must be detail, flexible, have strong multitasking, organizational and problem-solving skills, work well in a team atmosphere and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Strong creative writing, oral and grammatical skills are required. Excellent people and verbal communication skills.
How To Apply For The Job
Please submit CV and a cover letter to:
Closing Date: 25 September, 2016