Posted on :
23 Nov, 2017
23 Nov, 2017
The World Bank Country Office in Ghana is seeking to recruit a dynamic, outgoing, organized and suitably qualified candidate to fill the post of Team Assistant. The primary objective of the Team Assistant will be to provide effective and high quality support for the Country Office Operations teams. The successful candidate will work under the leadership of the Country Director under the day to day supervision of the Executive Assistant and/or to the designated supervisor(s). (S)He will provide Administrative and client support to the Operational Staff and will be an integral part of the Administrative and Client Support (ACS) team. S/he will provide a wide range of support to the Operations units.
Job Title: Team Assistant
The AFCW1 Country Management Unit (CMU) covers Ghana, Liberia and Sierra Leone. The Country Director is based in the World Bank Office in Ghana, and works with a core country team working out of Headquarters, Country Offices in Ghana, Liberia and Sierra Leone. Currently, there is a total of approximately 45 staff based in Ghana working for both the Country Management Unit and the various Sector Management Units, as the office provides support not only in Ghana but also to neighboring countries.
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 3 year term appointment.
Duties And Accountabilities
The Team Assistant will carry out the full range of office support work, including managing processes and monitoring schedules related to the team/unit’s products and tasks. S/he will be requested to handle any additional tasks that the team deems fit. The main job description includes the following:
1. Coordinates schedules of missions and other activities in collaboration with Task Team Leaders (TTLs) and other team members, and monitor changes to schedules, information and effectively and promptly makes necessary changes based on priorities.
2. Join mission teams during meetings in order to understand and help draft meeting notes for TTLs/Team members review.
3. Drafts routine correspondence and proofreads materials using proper grammar, punctuation, and style.
4. Incorporates agreed comments into documents like Aide memoires and Management Letters, making full use of shared drives and software capabilities.
5. Tracks assigned task/project steps/timetables, coordinates with relevant staff and provides assistance and/or information on project-related matters including updating project milestones in consultation with TTLs.
6. Coordinate and lead in preparation and logistical planning for various events, e.g. conferences, workshops, negotiations, with large audience etc.
7. In conjunction with and under guidance from the Executive Assistant or other senior ACS like Program Assistants, work with and monitor activities in a specific discipline (i.e., Resource Management, IT and Facilities Management etc.)
8. Maintains current distribution lists, phone/address lists of project/product contacts, and distributes documents for the team.
9. Participates in team missions and other related activities like field trips and follow up meetings.
10. Be fully responsible for setting up Video Conferences, request for webex and other IT related requests.
11. Maintains up-to-date work unit project and other files (both paper and electronic) including full details and contacts of project unit staff from Government counterparts.
12. Back-up support for other ACS covering other portfolios; work with the Senior Programs Assistant in charge of Portfolio on all related matters.
The applicant should have at least bachelor’s degree from a recognized university. Degrees from any field will be considered but preferably from the Social Sciences and Business Administration with a minimum of 2 years relevant work experience
• Technology and systems knowledge – Demonstrate advanced knowledge and experience working with Microsoft office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.). Has ability and willingness to maintain up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology.
• Project and task management – Exhibit good organizational, problem-solving, analytical skills and ability to work competently with minimal supervision. Demonstrate attention to detail and quality. Has ability to manage multiple tasks and complete tasks within agreed schedule.
• Institutional policies, processes, and procedures – Demonstrate knowledge of own department’s programs and products, know key players, understand own role. Display understanding of WB policies and procedures relevant to the area of assigned responsibilities and is able to apply/ implement them.
• Versatility and adaptability – Demonstrate flexibility and is receptive to the implementation of new solutions. Is willing to stretch own capability. Demonstrate motivation to avail and adapt oneself to effecting change.
• Client Orientation (ACS) – Exhibit good communication skills, positive and professional client service attitude; is able to understand clients’ needs and complete them professionally.
• Learning, knowledge sharing and communication (ACS) – Good English language skills (verbal and written) Able to write clearly, edit and proofread draft communications. Able to learn and share knowledge/information across the unit.
• Business judgment and analytical decision making (ACS) – Able to manage information and support retention and disposition of information and records. Can search, report, and deliver basic information from various sources and independently respond to basic inquiries.
• Drive for Results – Able to take personal ownership and accountability to meet deadlines and achieve agreed-upon results and has the personal organization to do so.
• Teamwork (Collaboration) and Inclusion – Collaborate with other team members and contributes productively to the team’s work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.