Posted on :
13 Apr, 2018
13 Apr, 2018
The incumbent is responsible for the proper implementation of financial procedures and the finances of the country office. S/He is responsible for preparing financial reports for local management, preparing the payroll and maintaining accounts payables within the constraints of relevant laws, regulations and organisational pollicises.
Job Title: Finance Manager (Part-time)
• To manage all aspects related to finance, providing high quality leadership and managerial oversight of financial department including Finance Assistant.
• Participate in financial planning; support the program team in preparation of proposal and operational budgets and translation of the program activities into figures
• Ensures that staff are aware of the financial accountabilities; communicates on financial expectations and provides constructive feedback on forecasts and expenditures
• Stay abreast on issues and processes on developments in tax and other applicable laws in the country; ensuring all Government statutory regulations including payment of taxes and social security fund contributionsare submitted timely
• Review and analyse yearly Country and Project financial planning and support the program team in preparation of proposals and operational budgets
• Coordinate and support external audits and any possible Internal and donor audits, by ensuring all supporting documents are available for auditors to review and respond to auditor’s requests.
Reviews actual expenditure against the budget monthly and calculate variances; take appropriate steps to correct the variances in consultation with the CR and prepares related memos.
• Trains non-finance and Finance team on financial policies and procedures and ensures compliance with those policies by all programme team members
• Tracks incoming wire transfers and reports any delays or discrepancies to the CR and Project Lead.
Qualification and required Experience
• 4-7 years’ experience in a similar role, working with an international development organisation
• Academic qualification: Diploma or degree in a relevant discipline
• Excellent command on Microsoft Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Experience managing a direct report(s)
• Experience in budgetary management, forecasting and financial control Relevant experience in
• Detailed oriented person with the drive for quality work.
• Fluent in English. Must be a very competent writer of business letters and reports.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and covering letter (maximum 3 pages) which outlines how you meet the person specification; and contact information (name, organisation, phone number and e-mail addresses) of two referees, to George Achempim, via: [email protected]
Closing Date: 16 April, 2018
Please note: World Child Cancer is a child friendly working environment and allemployees, consultants or Volunteerswho will come into contact with children as part of their work are required to have Police ClearanceChecks, equivalenta UK DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check, to be updated every three years; and signChild Safeguarding Policy Code of Conduct for Staff Volunteers and Consultants.