The mission of the World Cocoa Foundation (WCF) is to catalyze public-private action to accelerate cocoa sustainability. WCF champions multi-stakeholder partnerships, aligned public and private investment, policy dialogue, and joint learning and knowledge sharing to achieve transformative change in the cocoa supply chain. WCF’s members include cocoa and chocolate manufacturers, processors, supply chain managers, and other companies worldwide, representing more than 80 percent of the global cocoa market. WCF’s programs benefit farmers and their communities in cocoa-growing regions of Africa, Southeast Asia, and the Americas. For more information, visit www.worldcocoafoundation.org
Job Title: Programs Associate
The Programs Associate will provide management and coordination support to the Leadership Team in the Ghana Country office to effectively and efficiently manage WCF Programs based in the Accra office mainly the WCF Agricultural Productivity activities of the African Cocoa Initiative (ACI) and the Climate Smart Cocoa (CSC) Program. S/he will also support the coordination of government and public relations, policy influencing and WCF membership engagement. The person will serve as liaison with programs partners and prepare briefing materials, conduct desk research, help drive special projects, and manage the schedule of programs leads. The position holder must be well organized and proactive with drive and initiative that alerts the leadership team members to be more efficient and alert with deadlines, meeting schedules, events and resource availability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative, financial and logistical support to the Director of Agricultural Productivity; and the Climate Smart Cocoa Manager
- Support communication and knowledge management in the WCF Agricultural Productivity, the African Cocoa Initiative and the Climate Smart Cocoa Program
- Assist with data entry, and the preparation of charts, graphs, and periodic progress/technical reports.
- Manage the Programs team’s workflow and priorities by managing their calendar, scheduling meetings and conference calls, arranging travel, and anticipating steps ahead.
- Maintain good rapport with the programs partners and government offices to enable continuous smooth working relationships with them
- Support the organization of logistics for workshops, key events and meetings
- Ensure the Programs’ team are appropriately prepared for meetings with all necessary materials, including supporting the preparation of briefing notes, talking points, and presentations and participating directly in meetings where necessary, and following up with the relevant parties.
- Provide the programs team leverage in moving programs and initiatives forward by assisting with information gathering, communicating with different parties, developing and monitoring plans, keeping track of responsibilities, etc.
- Manage relations with programs partners, including scheduling and arrangements for Meetings, preparation and follow up of briefing materials, and follow up as needed with questions from individual programs partners.
- Undertake research, analysis, briefing notes, and follow-up in support of programs priorities, as may be assigned.
- Proactively identify ways to improve the efficiency and efficacy of the work of the Programs Leads and leadership team, including anticipating needs from the teams and identifying opportunities to create processes and systems to streamline office flow.
- Minimum first degree with at least 3 years of experience in similar role and environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Action-orientated and entrepreneurial self-starter who can work well independently and in team’s Excellent research, analytical and written and oral communications skills; French language will be added advantage
- Ability to understand the big picture and align priorities accordingly
- Strong knowledge and experience working with Microsoft Office suite, especially calendar management through Outlook, and slide creation and editing with PowerPoint
- Adaptability to leveraging new tools and software for process and productivity gains
- Close attention to detail and accuracy; personal initiative, reliability and follow-up. A good knowledge of the cocoa business environment will be and added an advantage
How to Apply
Interested and eligible candidates are requested to send their application letter and resume to: