To co-ordinate and provide high quality, client-focused and value-for-money oriented admin istration services.
Job Title: Administrative Associate
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
(not all-inclusive, within delegated authority)
Under the direct supervison of the Finance Officer in Accra, and the overal supervison of the Country Director and Representative, the incumbent is expected to perform the following duties:
- Verify resource requirements in the area of responsibility (WFP facilities, assets, light vehicle fleet, etc.), and assist in the identification of new requirements to facilitate efficiency and cost-effectiveness of operations and services.
- Responsibie for provision of services such as facilities management, travel, protocol and light vehicle management related, etc., reporting any discrepancies to the supervisor for consistent and timely delivery of services, to ensure the provision of a safe and comfortable working environment for WFP staff.
- Support the production of various data and compile and prepare reports in order to contribute to the provision of accurate information for informative decision-making and to support the effective and timely management of WFP resources.
- Contribute to planning, monitoring and processing administrative actions related to procurement, finance, human resources, etc., including contracts with external vendors to ensure all data is accurately and timely recorded, processed in WFP corporate systems and any operationa
- Adapt and update administrative processes, supporting the implementation of operating procedures, in order to contribute to the continuous improvement of administration services in the area of responsibility.
- Answer a range of queries related to the provision of administrative services in order to support the resolution of daily issues.
- Coordinate the activities of a team of staff working in the area, to ensure individual and team objectives are rnet in compliance with all relevant regulations, policies, and procedures, and performance plan.
- Provide training and guidance to staff in interpretation of administrative procedures, policies, processes, and use of corporate systems to ensure consistency and efficiency of services provided to all clients.
- Perform other related duties as required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
- Must have a minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible professional experience in Administration and related field
- Team player and demonstrate ability to work with people of diverse background
- Ability to handle additional tasks
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
Education: A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area, Public or Business Administration.
Language: Fluency in both the oral and written English language.