Posted on :
13 May, 2019
13 May, 2019
Job holder reports to the UNHRD National Logistics Officer (Head of Operations) based in Accra with overall supervision by the Hub Manager.
Job Title: Logistics Associate
At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific logistics assistance. They may offer guidance on standard practices to more junior staff in their area of work.
To provide effective specialised technical support and to UNHRD’s barcoding system activities that effectively support daily operations providing humanitarian partners with requested services.
Under the direct supervision of the UNHRD National Logistics Officer, and the overall supervision of the Hub Manager, you (Logistics Assistant) will be expected to perform the following duties:
7. Support gathering market intelligence, vendor assessments (e.g. transporters, retailers) to support vendor selection process.
8. Identify, resolve and/or provide recommendations on specialised queries/requests for support, using initiative and following standard processes, to ensure timely and accurate resolution of enquiries with excellent client service mind-set.
9. Prepare, monitor and revise budget for all delivery modalities, ensuring adherence to relevant procedures and in compliance with corporate standards.
10. Support oversight for Non-Food Items (NFI) accounting data quality and integrity.
11. Manage documentation processing for execution of logistics operations (e.g. customs clearance, invoice verification), take appropriate actions to resolve operational issues escalating complex issues to the supervisor.
12. Perform research, collect data and conduct analysis, produce reports (e.g. CCTI, Standard Project Reports(SPRs), financial closure, physical inventory, transport performance) and ensure information accuracy in corporate systems to enable informed decision-making.
13. Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to support logistics operations management and contribute to effective service delivery.
14. Supervise the work of support staff, providing practical advice and guidance, to ensure individual and team objectives are delivered to agreed standards and deadlines for all assistance modalities.
15. Support logistics emergency preparedness and response activities including Logistics Capacity Assessment and Contingency Plan update, to support WFP’s response in emergencies.
16. Perform any other duties as required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
First Degree in Logistics, Economics, Business Administration, Commerce, or any other related field.
Fluency in English language is essential. Fluency or intermediate knowledge of French would be an asset.