Posted on :
18 Feb, 2014
18 Feb, 2014
Job Title: Regional Fleet Assistant
Under the direct supervision of the UNHRD Manager/Regional Fleet Manager, The incumbent will assist in the management and operation of WFP Logistics Intervention Fleet (L!F) in Accra and will be required to undertake the following duties:
• Coordinate maintenance and repair of the trucks with the contracted workshop in Accra.
• Coordinate operational issues with the counterparts in the areas of operations.
• Follow and control all financial matters related to the financing and budgeting of the fleet.
• Initiate Procurement Requests and follow up on ail procurements matters for the fleet
• Manage and monitor the performance of the trucks / trailers to achieve maximum utilization,
• Coordinate with WFP Staff and Drivers/convoy leaders to ensure that they report on time and work efficiently.
• Responsible to Manage and ensure that all reports and information as required by the Organization are produced promptly on timely basis via the established WFP (FMS) Fleet Management System. Additionally analyse information and quality of report prior to distribution.
• Responsible for forecasting and requisitioning of spare parts: Preparation of orders for spare parts / tires and materials required for the operation and submit these requests for the approval of the supervisor.
• Ensure that all Repairs & Maintenance performed to vehicles / machinery are in accordance to the required standards established to achieve maximum reliability with minimum downtime and quality Workshop Management maintained.
• Implement Best Practices established and ensure that KPI’s (Key Performance indicators)
• Accountable for ensuring that all Administrative Requirements are maintained and valid thus making sure that those renewals of all contracts, insurance policies are effected on a timely basis
• Ensure that minimum Health and Safety requirements are met in full, together with considerations for environmental needs.
• Responsible to ensure that ali staff (Persons Reporting) carry out their duties in accordance to their Job Descriptions set.
• Travel occasionally, as required by the Organization.
• Perform any other duties as requested
Qualification Required & Experience
• Secondary school education/MSLC
• At least five (5) years of professional experience in one or more of the transportation and ancillary sectors: port operations, shipping, clearing and forwarding, air operations, large scale road/rail transport and distribution management gained from a reputable organization;
• Experience in transport tracking system is desirable;
• Good knowledge and skills in computer usage
Proficiency in written and spoken English, Proficiency in written and spoken French would be an advantage.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants should submit their applications with 3 references including Curriculum Vitae in sealed envelopes marked “Regional Fleet Assistant” and sent to the address below or hand-delivered to WFP Office, located after the Fire Service traffic light towards Flair Catering or Kumodzi Hospital:
The Human Resource Unit
UN World Food Programme
No.7, 7th Rangoon Close, Cantonments
P. O. Box 1423
Closing Date: 20 February, 2014
• ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES MEETING THE CRITERIA WILL BE CONTACTED.
• QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY