Posted on :
24 Jun, 2014
24 Jun, 2014
Job Title: Programme Officer
• WFP-supported Health/Nutrition intervention activities in the northern regions of Ghana. This includes working and coordination with project implementing authorities and other stakeholders to ensure nutrition interventions achieve the desired outputs and outcomes and impact.
• Provide guidance to cooperating partners as well as WFP Sub office staff on nutrition related issues to ensure-WFP supported interventions are properly implemented. Assist the Sub-office in the implementation of other nutrition-related aspects of all components of the WFP Country Programme (2012-2016).
• Assist in aligning WFP nutrition activities with national nutrition strategies and programmes and promote coherence of nutrition approaches, in close coordination and collaboration with UN, Government institutions and other key stakeholders.
• Represent WFP at regional and interagency technical meetings on nutrition and maternal and Child Health and Nutrition and advocate for nutrition interventions as and when required.
• Prepare periodic reports on some key indicators on the progress of nutrition interventions for informed decision.
• Work with UN agencies, especially UNICEF, WHO and FAO and International and Local NGOs, donors at the regional, district and community to enhance integration of nutrition interventions.
• Provide technical support and guidance to the WFP Sub-office as well as organising nutritional baseline and follow up surveys and monitoring and evaluation activities.
• Prepare distribution plan and follow up with cooperating partners on distribution progress and reporting.
• Take part in preparing operational guideline for nutrition interventions/protocol in line with WFP and government policies on nutrition.
Qualification Required & Experience
• University to Master’s Degree in the field of Nutrition or related field.
• At least one (1) to three (3) years of progressively responsible support experience in the field of nutrition or related field at national or regional levef.
• Excellent knowledge of computer softwares.
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants should submit their applications with 3 references including Curriculum Vitae in sealed envelopes marked “Programme Officer (Nutrition)” and sent to the address below or hand-delivered to WFP Office, located after the Fire Service traffic light towards Flair Catering or Kumodzi Hospital:
The Human Resource Unit
UN World Food Programme
No.7, 7th Rangoon Close, Cantonments
P. O. Box 1423
Closing Date: 04 July, 2014
• ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES MEETING THE CRITERIA WILL BE CONTACTED.
• QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY