They are expected to perform with minimum supervision and carry out specialized installation, maintenance and repair tasks such as electrical wiring of buildings, installation of new electrical components and maintenance and repair of existing electrical infrastructure and devices. They may provide technical supervision and guidance to external contractors on a range of electrical services. Job holders are expected to complete tasks at a high level of quality. This job requires a good physical condition to lift and handle heavy items and work in all types of weather conditions wearing protective clothing.
Job Title: Site Maintenance (Electrician)
To provide a full range of skillful site maintenance services including installation, maintenance and repair of electrical equipment/appliances to support safe, comfortable and reliable working environment.
Under the direct supervision of the Administration Assistant, and the overall
supervision of the Hub Manager, you (Electrician) will be expected to perform
the following duties:
- Support deployment of and provide technical supervision to external contractors, to facilitate efficient and cost-effective servicing or intervention for any major electrical installations, maintenance or repairs.
- Install, maintain and repair all kinds of electrical equipment and appliances including wiring and distribution systems, to ensure safe and reliable working environment in compliance with electrical standards.
- Assist in maintaining accurate inventory records through physical check and maintenance of lists/database, and arrange disposal of identified equipment and materials, strictly following WFP assets management guidelines.
- Compile and provide accurate reports on works undertaken, services provided, materials procured and used for installations/repairs to support accurate accounting and enable efficient planning for future works/services.
- Contribute to evaluation of required installation/repair works, compare prices of materials, and contribute to planning of future preventive maintenance works, to support efficient and cost-effective site maintenance services.
- Perform any other relevant duties as required.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE:
A minimum of three years of progressively responsible and proven effective experience in planning and executing specialized electrical installations, maintenance and repair work.
STANDARD MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
Completion of secondary school education. Demonstrated qualification in electricity.
Completion of Council for Technical and Vocational Education and Training (COTVET)/National Vocation and Technical Institution (NVTI) approved apprenticeship with certified skill of the level of Certificate II or Proficiency II.
Possible apprenticeships are:
- General Electrical
- Construction Electrical (Pro)
- Electrical Motor Rewinding & Rpr(Pro)
- Lines-man (Power) (Pro)
- Linesman (Telephone) (Pro)
- Cable Jointing (Power) (Pro)
- Cable Jointing (Telephone) (Pro)
- Radio, TV & Electronic Servicing
- Computer Hardware Servicing
- Refrigeration & Air-conditioning
Accreditation as Certified Electrical Wiring Professional (CEWP) in accordance with the Ghana Electrical Wiring Regulations 2012.
- Good knowledge of how to read and understand blueprints and technical diagrams.
- Knowledge of safety precautions
- Ability to inspect and evaluate equipment/appliances and resolve malfunctioning quickly including ability to perform tests and use the results to diagnose problems.
- Ability to carry out installation of the equipment/appliances expertly and sometimes under difficult and awkward physical circumstances.
- Ability to use hand and power tools.
- Ability to multi-task and respond simultaneously and in a timely fashion to job requirements.
- Ability to maintain accurate and precise records.
- High sense of responsibility and punctuality.
- Honesty and integrity.
- Ability to work in a team and provide technical supervision to other staff
- Ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing and draft various correspondence.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
Fluency in English language is essential.