Posted on :
26 Apr, 2022
26 Apr, 2022
Job Title: Nutritionist
• Under the overall supervision of the Head of Nutrition in Accra, the Nutritionist will be expected to perform the following duties:
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Facilitate the establishment of the SUN Business Network and work with the private sector to reinforce promotion of healthy diets as part of the overall nutrition strategy
• Closely work with the Supply Chain unit to identify and implement market development strategies to address bottlenecks in the nutritious food supply chain including for voucher programmes.
• Support creation of consumer-driven demand for healthy diets including fortified foods.
• Support the nutrition integration programming by ensuring effective linkages with the social protection and food systems pillars.
• Provide project management support to specific and defined nutrition projects and activities as may be required, ensuring a coordinated approach with wider programmes that complies with WFP standards and procedures.
• Liaise with cooperating partners to monitor ongoing projects, ensuring effective collaboration, timeliness, and efficiency, and highlight potential risks to project delivery
• Contribute to the development of nutrition projects and activities, plans and processes, ensuring alignment with wider nutrition policies and guidance.
• Support the capacity building of WFP staff, partners, and national government to prepare for and respond to nutrition needs, for example the production and review of training materials.
• Prepare regular progress reports and contribute to preparation of corporate and donor reports.
• Perform other tasks as required.
Qualification Required & Experience
Minimum Academic Qualifications
• Advanced University degree in Nutrition, Public Health Nutrition, or related field.
Desired Experiences for Entry into the role:
• A minimum of three years of postgraduate professional progressive experience in nutrition Public Health Nutrition, or related field.
• Experience working with governments on developing nutrition policies and/or implementing a nutrition programme (within food security or health).
• Experience working with the private sector to promote nutrition
• Experience in implementing Social and Behaviour Change interventions
• Experience in managing government and non-government partnerships
How To Apply For The Job
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form.