Country Management Support Units (CSUs) have been established in the organisational structure to provide support for Managers and staff to fully assume their responsibilities in the GSM environment and to ensure compliance with organizational policies, procedures, rules and regulations on all administrative and financial matters and transactions in the context of an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system.
Job Title: Human Resources Assistant
Description Of Duties
- He/she assists in providing relevant HR information and initiating transactions in GSM in the following areas:–> Initiate position actions (Position classification and reclassification actions);–> Initiate Hiring and staffing actions, including requesting vacancy notices and hiring of consultants and APWs to individuals through the Procurement module;–> Contract Management (appointments, extension of appointments, separation actions) changes in status actions;–> Advise on possible reasons of HRAP rejections;–> Provide support to Staff in initiating TRs for statutory travels (Processing of staff entitlements);–> Provide support to Staff in the use of the staff self-service module (GSM end-users). 2. Monitoring and Reporting of HR Actions:–> Through regular reporting, he/she will monitor transactions initiated, appointments coming to an end and that need to be extended, separation actions for a timely action on the part of managers and staff.3. He/she will liaise with HR counterparts in HRM/AFRO and GHR to ensure a proper follow up on actions initiated at the RSU level; 4. Leave Administration;5. The incumbent will serve as back up to the team members in similar or different positions within the RSU.
Essential: Work requires completion of secondary school supplemented by training and knowledge of general administrative and HR Policy theory and procedures.
Desirable: A relevant higher education in Administration and/or HR or Training in UN/HR systems is an advantage.
Essential: At least 8 years of experience in Human Resources work.
Desirable: Several years experience (inclusive) in WHO in an administrative cluster to have a sound knowledge of its rules, regulation, procedures and practices as related to the work. Experience in other areas such as Programme Management, Travel and Procurement would be an asset.
Work requires maintaining up to date knowledge on any changes to Staff Regulations and Rules as well as standard operating procedures. The incumbent is also expected to maintain computer skills including skills Global Management System, to the standard of the Organization by self study or in-house training. Knowledge of WHO rules, regulations, policies and practices would be an asset.
Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language Skills
Essential: Expert knowledge of English.
The above language requirements are interchangeable.
WHO offers staff in the General Services category an attractive remuneration package, which for the above position includes an annual net base salary starting at GHS 67,742 (subject to mandatory deductions for pension contributions and health insurance, as applicable) and 30 days of annual leave.
- This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- A written test may be used as a form of screening.
- In the event that your candidature is retained for an interview, you will be required to provide, in advance, a scanned copy of the degree(s)/diploma(s)/certificate(s) required for this position. WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU)/United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed through the link: http://www.whed.net/. Some professional certificates may not appear in the WHED and will require individual review.
- Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual.
- For information on WHO’s operations please visit: http://www.who.int.
- WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
- WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.
- This post is subject to local recruitment and will be filled by persons recruited in the local commuting area of the duty station.