WUSC is a Canadian registered international development nongovernmental organization with a field presence in Ghana since 1997. WUSC Ghana has been contributing towards the national development goals through partnerships with the government of Ghana, civil society, district assemblies, communities and key development actors.
An international non-governmental organisation working towards district development project in Ghana has immediate vacancies for committed and results-oriented individuals as follow.
Contract Duration: Two (2) years
Under the direction of the Country Director, the Project Co-ordinator will provide broad visionary leadership for the achievement of project objectives and manage the implementation of the project. As the Project Co-ordinator, your role is to provide technical and programme expertise to ensure efficient and effective planning and execution of the various project activities.
- Strengthening governance and service delivery through improved knowledge, co-ordination and capacity strengthening of District Assembly (DA) and Area Councils (ACs);
- Strengthening quality of education through teacher training, SMC and PTA capacity building activities, skills transfer and improved services available in the target communities;
- Strengthening economic growth and job creation through increased skills for employment for youth within the target communities; and
- Promoting gender equality and integration into all project activities, including training of DA and AC officials, teachers, community members and entrepreneurs
Salary and Fringe Benefits: Competitive and attractive, but negotiable based on experience and salary history.
Required Skills or Experience
- Master’s Degree in Development Studies or related degree or equivalent qualifications
- A minimum of five years in community development, education, water and sanitation, or multi-sectoral approaches;
- Experience in donor-funded project management;
- Experience in using community participatory development and PLA/PRA techniques;
- Training experience with grass-roots community organisations;
- Experience with training in institutional/organisational development techniques;
- A capacity to work comfortably at all levels of society;
- Demonstrated skills in developing curricula and training materials for community-level NGOs;
- Background in planning, gender equality, advocacy, and quality of education;
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team through the design, implementation and evaluation phases of a community-based programme; and
- Extensive experience working with District Assemblies and rural communities in the Western Region will be a great asset
- Positive and progressive outlook and a strong knowledge and interest in international co-operation and development
- Good understanding of gender equality principles
- Extensive experience in building and working with teams
- Superior written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work under pressure, and work without close supervision
- Attention to detail, initiative and drive and technical report writing skills
How To Apply
If you wish to apply for this position, please send your resume with a covering letter to: [email protected] OR
P. O. BOX AH 1265
ACHIMOTA – ACCRA
Closing 18 Nov, 2011