Posted on :
24 Oct, 2016
24 Oct, 2016
World University Service of Canada (WUSC) is a Canadian nonprofit organization with a mission to foster human development and global understanding through education and training. We are a network of professionals, students, volunteers, faculty, and community leaders who, together, provide opportunities to some of the world’s most disadvantaged youth. Our programs and services improve access to and quality of education, expand employment opportunities and foster empowerment for youth. We work with and through our southern partners – government, civil society and the private sector. Centre for International Studies in Cooperation (CECI) is a leader within an international network of partners combating poverty and exclusion. Our main area of expertise is in the building of development capacity of local partners in four main areas: sustainable economic development, food security, human security and emergency response, and gender equality. Present in several countries, the CECI contributes to improving the conditions of thousands of people and changing lives, every day.
WUSC and CECI have formed a consortium led by WUSC for the design and implementation of a West Africa Governance and Economic Sustainability in Extractive Areas (WAGES) project (20162021). WAGES aims to support sustainable, broad based and inclusive economic development in three countries in West Africa, Burkina Faso, Ghana and Guinea. WAGES will contribute to inclusive local economic development by contributing to the creation of jobs, especially for women and youth, reducing poverty and generating revenues for local businesses. WAGES will support gender equality by strengthening women’s ability to participate in community decision-making processes, increasing women’s access to market-relevant and business development skills training, and ensuring that women benefit from new employment opportunities generated by the project.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant- 3 positions
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager based in Accra
Contract term: 2 year contract renewable.
Nature and Scope
The Administrative Assistant will provide administrative, front office and logistical support to the WUSC Project Office in Bogoso.
Under the Supervision of the Finance and Admin Manager in Ghana, the Administrative Assistant will:
Administration and Logistics Management:
• Support the Finance and Administration Manager in the administration of Country Office
• Support the Finance and Administration Manager relative to appointments, travel, correspondence and liaison with partners
• Manage all correspondence to and from the Country Office
• Provide logistical support to workshops, Volunteer orientation and meetings
• Make travel and accommodation arrangements for staff and volunteers
• Responsible for the day to day management of front office
• Maintaining an electronic and physical filing system for the Country Office.
• Managing the flow of mail and internal and external correspondence to the Country Office
• Provide logistical support and assist in the delivery of workshops and conferences
• Transmit approval information to program team, partners and volunteers
• Maintaining office petty cash .
• Making travel arrangements for Country Director, Volunteers and other staff
• Providing guidance to Volunteers as may be appropriate
• Ensuring that Program equipment is used within clearly defined norms
• Maintain an up to date telephone directory of program partners, staff and Volunteers
• Keep a travel and leave schedules of staff and volunteers
• Ensure a clean and environmentally safe office premises
• Ensuring staff time sheets are up to date and properly filed.
• Performing other duties, as may be assigned and or required from time to time
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of Diploma in administration from a recognized institution .
• Two (2) years of progressive experience in administration
• Advanced level computing knowledge including Word, Excel , outlook and familiarity with accounting software such as Quicken and Sage Accounting.
• Ability to accomplish work diverse and complex in nature
• Ability to work as part of an international team in a participatory manner.
• Ability to communicate effectively in English language – both written and oral capabilities.
Location: Bogoso, Daboase and Accra
How to Apply For the Job
Applicants should send their resumes to:-
Closing Date: 28 October, 2016