World Vision International is an Evangelical Christian humanitarian aid, development, and advocacy organization. It was founded in 1950 by Robert Pierce as a service organization to meet the emergency needs of missionaries
Job Title: GI WASH Project Officer
To ensure sustainable water, sanitation service delivery and improved hygiene and sanitation behavior change practices by providing field level support for planning, implementation, coordination, and accurate/reliable reporting on the software components of the GI-WASH Program
- The positions is based in Savelugu – Northern Region
- S/He reports to the GI WASH Project Manager.
- Carry out needs assessment and reviews in communities and schools to determine development interventions that are required for grant project such as UN-HABITAT WASH in DPC, P&G and Sesame WASH-UP.
- Support Cluster Managers and WASH officers in the implementation of WASH project activities at the cluster level.
- Ensure availability of qualitative and quantitative WASH data for effective and timely reporting of all project activities.
- Facilitate the implementation of Sesame, UN-HABITAT WASH in DPC and P&G Projects in project communities.
- Writing of monthly, quarterly and annual report for all projects assigned. Document key impact stories that can be integrated into the report or concepts.
- Ensure representation of WV at the District and Regional events related to WASH where World Vision is invited and report on them to the WASH software and BC Coordinator.
Education / Work Experience / Key Competencies
- Degree in hydrogeology, and/or engineering, behavioral science, public health project management or any related field.
- Three years’ experience in working in the WASH Sector.
- Deep understanding of community-based approaches, including clear involvement of children, women and People with Disabilities in hygiene promotion.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Proven ability to communicate on WASH topics with diverse groups.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to support in the development and roll out of WASH programs/projects.
- Good development and facilitation skills, including catalyzing, connecting, and building the capacity of community groups/ partners.
- Strong communicator at all levels with interpersonal skills, ability and commitment to listen to others.
- Demonstrate commitment to the empowerment of the poor in rural communities.
- Working knowledge of programs/projects cycle management.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff and key partners.
- Experience in community entry and mobilization and development facilitation.
- Working knowledge of proposal writing and negotiation skills.
- Monitoring, reporting and proposal writing skills
- Perform other duties as required