To provide technical assistance to the Field Operations Coordinator for the effective implementation of the water and sanitation program of the Project through the selection of prospective sites for drilling design, construction, development and performance of boreholes.
Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Job Title: Drilling Team Coordinator
- The positions is based in Savelugu – Northern Region
- S/He reports to the Field Operations Coordinator.
- Supervise the preparation of borehole logs during drilling and selection of appropriate fluid for drilling.
- Supervise the construction and development of wells.
- Provide supervision of the drilling team on the field
- Ensure that pumping test is done properly and accurate information is recorded.
- Ensure that proper water sampling procedures and standards are adhered to.
- Evaluation and interpretation of pumping test data for aquifer characterization and detailed technical report to the Senior Hydrogeologist for the effective execution of water and sanitation projects.
- Design and supervise the construction of water facilities from groundwater and surface water sources.
- Provide technical support for the planning, coordination and monitoring of all constructional and civil engineering works
- Develop materials and fuel supplies and consumption monitoring tools with respect to drilling operations and use those tools to ensure accountability
- Monitor drilling expenditures on a daily basis with the goal of drilling the most cost effective wells possible
- Assist in the writing and presentation of the operations monthly, quarterly, annual and other technical reports as required by the Project Manager.
- Provide technical interpretation from geophysical data for the selection of appropriate sites for drilling purposes.
- Assures conformance to quality standards.
- Ensure efficient handling of all field equipment and their accessories and make sure they are always in good condition. Ensure regular maintenance of all field operations vehicles and equipments.
- Keep track of schedules for providing vehicle and equipment maintenance services; identify resource needs; review needs with appropriate staff; allocate resources accordingly.
- Maintain effective and positive working relationship with others, cooperative and supportive team player, and work with a variety of people.
Education / Work Experience / Key Competencies
- Degree in Geological Science, Applied Geophysics, Geological Engineering, Hydrogeology or Civil Engineering with experience in WASH hardware. Master’s Degree in one of the above is preferred.
- 3 years’ experience in programme/project management.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to work under pressure and without supervision
- Must be proactive with a high level of initiative, innovation, drive and a strong team player with interpersonal skills.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions.
- Perform other duties as required