World Vision started working in Ghana in 1979. It currently implements 32 Area Development Programmes (ADPs) in all the 10 administrative regions in Ghana and seven major special projects. These directly benefit about two million people through health and nutrition, water and sanitation, education, food security, micro-enterprise development and Christian Commitments programmes.
Job Title: Grants Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
To assist the Project Manager in execution, monitoring, and reporting on the WFP Asset Creation Project
- The position is based in Bolgatanga
- The position comes with an attractive salary package.
- S/He reports to the Project Manager, WFP Asset Creation Project
- Ensure compliance to donor and WV documentation and reporting requirements, with specific adherence to the donor contract agreement
- Build the capacity of Community Project Implementation Committees (CPIC’s) and other project stakeholders in documentation, reporting, and compliance
- Write high quality reports for review by the Project Manager, other stakeholders in WV, and the donor
- Develop and execute monitoring, inspection, and evaluation plans, procedures, and tools
- Monitor and report on adherence to food security and livelihood technical approach and specifications
- Advise the Project Manager if any changes in the design can be made in order to improve achievement of outcomes
- Conduct quarterly analysis of project performance in relation to budget for management decision making
- Ensure the quality and integrity of data collected
- Ensure that data privacy, data security, and backup protocols are implemented in the field through the relevant individuals/teams
- In collaboration with the Programme Effectiveness Department, design and execute tools to be used for learning events
- Develop and maintain an updated database of all project indicators and periodically carry out meta-analysis of the information
- Support project staff to capture essential data required for monitoring, evaluation, and learning
- Coordinate the development of ToRs for DM&E assignments
- Assist in supervising any consultants for project on DM&E assignments
- Contribute input in support of research and grant proposals, publications and conference presentations
- Support and (where necessary, lead) the development of ToRs for all evaluation and research activities at the project
- Collate and submit data and information required for communication needs
- Perform other duties as required by management
Education / Work Experience / Skills
- First Degree in Social Sciences (Development Studies, Anthropology, Sociology, or related), Statistics, Public Health (or related); a Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Formal training in monitoring and evaluation
- Three years relevant working experience in M&E; previous experience in cash based programming will be an added advantage
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Adequate knowledge and skills in data collection software such as ODK, GIS etc.; competency in the use of MS Office suite. Competency in statistical packages such as SPSS will be an added advantage.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversity.