World Vision International is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
Job Title: Sponsorship And Child Protection Officer
Purpose of Position
To coordinate and provide technical support to the implementation of sponsorship business processes, child protection and participation according to the WV strategy and effectively address the issues of child well-being in the Region.
Child Sponsorship Management
- Provide training and coaching support to Regional and cluster staff, services personnel and local partners involved in the process of technical and operational management of sponsorship.
- Plan activities related to the collection of sponsorship-related information and ensure reporting is done as per standards and requirements.
- Ensure regular monitoring of children is done at the AP level according to the WV standards and regularly discuss the results with partners and program staff.
- Ensure quality communication between child, family and sponsor and that all sponsorship business processes including SOI and new initiatives respects WV standards at the cluster level.
- Ensure that the sponsorship communication items such as IL/Child Greeting Video, SL, Community Photo Album, Child photo album, Christmas cards, sponsor visit reports, farewell letters) sent to Support offices and sponsors are accurate, complete and delivered in a timely manner according to partnership standards.
- Provide monthly reports to the Sponsorship Manager.
- Strengthen Sponsorship Risk Management and facilitate proper management of cluster Audit Recommendations and issues raised in evaluation reports.
Child Protection and participation
- Train partners, focal points persons, program staff and support services staff to facilitate the implementation and monitoring of a system of protection and reporting of incidents in the area.
- Initiate advocacy at all levels for inclusion of child protection issues and work closely with the Child Protection Coordinator and Sponsorship Manager to ensure that child protection strategic objectives are implemented in communities in view of reporting cases of abuse and the availability of reliable statistics to good analysis.
- Initiate, plan and supervise activities on parental awareness, empowerment and involvement of children in the implementation of the program, decision making and other requirements in the targeted communities.
- Ensure that sponsorship and child protection issues are integrated in LEAP processes.
- Engage/involve all programs and support services staff and partners in the technical and operational management of sponsorship for an effective and efficient monitoring of indicators of well-being of children in the targeted communities.
Working Environment / Conditions
- Work environment: Cluster Office with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 40% Domestic/international travel is required.
- On call: 15%
Required Skills or Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Educational level required Bachelors degree Social Science disciplines or related field.
- Experience: 3 years of experience in development work.
- Computer literacy in MS Word, Excel, Lotus notes etc
- Good facilitation skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Good understanding of WV sponsorship, tools, protocols and standards
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Perform other duties as required.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should please get the details of the Jobs from World Vision’s website below.
The deadline for submission of application is December 11, 2018.
- As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children.
- All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
- World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
Women are particularly encouraged to apply