World Vision International is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
Job Title: Geophysicist Technician
Purpose of the position
- To contribute to the attainment of the organization’s water well drilling objectives, the Geophysics technician will carry out hydrogeological investigations in varying environmental settings.
- Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
- Conduct field geophysical surveys in different geological and hydrogeological environment
- Perform line operations of field geophysical surveys: laying out and picking up wire, injecting electrical current into the ground, collecting location and geophysical data, recording field notes, etc.
- Assist with field logistics to guarantee proper collection of location and geophysical information.
- Operate, troubleshoot and maintain field equipment.
- Assist with data processing, reduction and analysis using commercial and internal software packages.
- Assist with data management to ensure field deliverables are quality controlled and sent to the Field Geophysicist.
- Ensure efficient handling of all field equipment and their accessories and make sure they are always in good condition.
- Ensure that siting is completed in a manner that meets the objectives and standards of the organisation
- Provide and discuss weekly update on equipments’ performance status with hydrogeologist and in an effort to eliminate optimize and eliminate problems
- Ensure the operations are conducted in the best interest of the Organisation.
- Maintain effective and positive working relationship with others, cooperative and supportive team player, and work with a variety of people
Working Environment / Conditions
- Work environment: Field-based
- Travel: 20% Domestic/international travel is required.
- On call: 10%
Required Skills or Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- HND graduate (minimum) with a minimum of one year experience in groundwater investigation, High School graduate with 3 years experience in the drilling industry.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license (minimum B)
- Working knowledge of geology or geophysics may be beneficial.
- Computer literate: proficient in MS word, MS excel, etc
- Experience with compasses and GPS units
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to work under pressure and without supervision
- Must be proactive with a high level of initiative, innovation, drive and a strong team player with interpersonal skills.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions.
- Perform other duties as required
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should please get the details of the Jobs from World Vision’s website below.
The deadline for submission of application is December 11, 2018.
- As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children.
- All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
- World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
Women are particularly encouraged to apply