World Vision Ghana is seeking to recruit a candidate for the position of a Project Co-ordinator to provide leadership in the co-ordination, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of a 5-year World Vision USA-supported Africa Let the Little Children Come Every Last One (ELO) Christian Discipleship Project in 10 Area Programmes across 10 multiple districts. The Project seeks to strengthen and deepen 44,160 girls and boys, adolescents and adults’ relationship and connection with God through Christian Discipleship. The purpose of the role is therefore to ensure that project interventions are tailored to strengthen children/adolescents’ spirituality, inculcate value-based life skills and godly principles in them, and make them agents of transformation among their peers. The Project Co-ordinator would see to it that resources, interventions, capacities of Church and Christian ministry partners emphasize discipleship, scripture engagement, worship and prayer, within children’s own community of faith to enable a growing knowledge and experience of God’s love among girls and boys, adolescents, families and the larger faith communities.
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Spiritual Nurture of Children (SNC)
- Initiate creative and relevant interventions to establish Christian Discipleship as a foundational part of the project.
- Collaborate with Christian faith based organisations to leverage on technology to spiritually nurture in their local languages, using audio devices/mega voices.
- Ensure appropriate Teaching and Learning Resources are designed and produced for use by local communities.
- Facilitate the implementation of bible-based evangelism and discipleship solutions for girls and boys and adolescents and support them to know, love and serve Jesus and to exhibit Christian virtues.
- Collaborate with the Local Council of Churches (LCCs) to coach and mentor child participating and advocacy groups in value based life skills and compassionate activities.
- Ensure girls and boys and adolescents participate in their own spiritual development.
Partnerships with Churches and Para-church institutions for Interfaith Engagement
- Ensure effective collaboration with LCCs to implement models and approaches to promote positive family values and behaviours and spiritual nurture of children.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with partners to offer capacity building to Christian faith leaders in project intervention areas.
- Develop strong relationships with Christian faith community partners, schools and other stakeholders.
- Sustain strong partnerships with project teams and external stakeholders for effective and efficient project implementation
- Identify and mobilize partners to journey along in implementing the project.
- Ensure LCCs are equipped to provide pastoral care and psychosocial support through counselling services to families, girls and boys.
- Facilitate the training of field staff and faith-based organizations on sustainable Christian Discipleship practices.
- Empower churches and families for effective Christian discipleship and development.
Co-ordination and Integration of Project into Technical Programmes/Community Engagement and Sponsorship Plan
- Co-ordinate project activity implementation at the Area Programmes level.
- Ensure the integration of project interventions into Area Programmes’ interventions.
- Co-ordinate APs and district level Christian faith based organizations.
- Identifying areas of potential collaboration, research and learning.
Project Management, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Plan, implement, manage and co-ordinate the project based on agreed implementation plan and objectives.
- Communicate with project teams, monitor implementation and provide analysis on operational management of the project.
- Visit project sites on a regular basis to assess progress and address implementation gaps.
- Develop creative and relevant initiatives that will contribute to the success of the project.
- Monitor project implementation and report on same.
- Provide regular reporting to the Faith and Development Manager according to agreed reporting schedule.
- Collaborate with the Faith and Development Co-ordinators to provide project reports.
- Coordinate the development of annual plans and budget and work with the finance team to ensure efficient and effective utilization of the resources.
- Monitor budget implementation and ensure activities adhere to their operational budgetary limits.
Education: A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in theology, child development, religious studies, development studies or other related fields from a recognized institution
Experience: At least five years relevant experience, two of which are in leadership position in Faith and Development roles or in working with different churches and Christian organizations.
Work environment: Field-based
Travel: Frequent travels to project implementing districts.