Job Title: P&C Manager – L&D, Talent Management & Employee Engagement
Purpose of the position:
To support WVG P&C leadership in the areas of Learning & Development, Talent Management, Performance Management and Employee Engagement by designing, monitoring and implementing policies and procedures and various activities which ensure continued development of the organization and its staff towards peak performance in accordance with partnership People and Culture strategic framework.
Learning & Development
- Facilitate a customized leadership development programs
- Coordinate, update and/or draft policies and procedures as they relate to organizational/staff development and training.
- In collaboration with Line Managers develop training needs analysis, training curricula and methodology and ensure proper implementation.
- Plan, facilitate and conduct staff and organizational development related trainings according to the annual learning and development action plan.
- Implements a learning and leadership development framework and provide vehicles to maximize success (eg. Methodology includes virtual or actual development center, job rotations, education, training, targeted secondments, online learning, career planning).
- Maintain evaluation data, including documentation of lessons learned and ensure future initiatives have incorporated in this learning.
- Take part in developing a strategy and design for ensuring succession planning at the various organizational levels (SLT,SMT, etc)
- Coordinate regularly with the recruitment manager to promote Gender balance and ensure Diversity.
- Compile and submit semi-annual gender mainstreaming report.
- Provide technical support to line managers to implement Partnership Performance Management system.
- Design and deliver customized training programs and tools for line managers and staff on effective performance management.
- Facilitate and conduct training for line managers on coaching for performance.
- Collate, analyze and share with Senior P&C Manager & P&C Director end of year appraisal report.
- In collaboration with Recruitment & Compensation Manager provide recommendation to P&C Director on Performance Management outcomes and integration in payroll and its financial impact.
- Organize a yearly talent forum after the completion of the appraisal cycle.
- Integrate data from performance management processes into talent management database and development initiatives.
- Inform and support strategies for engaging, deploying and retaining talent at WVG and provide management information on depth and breadth of talent to deliver current and future strategic and operational goals.
- Participate in designing a system and process for tracking key staff in their management development.
- Coordinate secondments / exchange of experience
- Manage internship programs.
- Identify mentoring and coaching opportunities for key staff to strengthen staff competencies.
New Employee Socialization
- Design and develop effective orientation program and ensure it is regularly updated.
- Coordinate the in-depth staff orientation process for new hires and existing staff.
- Equip managers and P&C field staff to run orientation programs
- Ensure new hires are properly oriented according to the Induction Plan
Employee Engagement and Managing Change
- Coordinate periodic pulse check surveys
- Follow up on Our Voice Survey completion with WVG staff and ensure proper dissemination of results
- Develop and implement (our voice) action plan to build on the WVG key strengths, address gaps and evaluate the impact of these actions on people management priorities.
- Manage exit interviews and compile information
- Support Senior P&C Manager and P&C Director in any change initiative and assist in the development and communication of change management plans
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Qualification required:
- Education: BA in Management, Human Resources, Business Administration, Public Administration or related field
- Experience: 5-7yrs at officer level /3yrs in Manager level
- Preferred: MBA or Masters in Human Resource Development, Management or equivalent experience in the training and development field.
- Other: Certification in facilitation skills is preferred.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 20 % Domestic travel is required. 5-10 % international travel.
- On call: