Job Title: Accounts Payable Clerk
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for reporting to the accounts payable team lead for processing invoices and verification of invoices while delivering a high level of service that meets or exceeds the Service Level Agreement on behalf of World Vision (WV) SSC- Ghana.
- Responsible for processing supplier invoices) and processing (credit notes).
- According to the laid down processes and procedures.
- Responsible for create invoices pertaining to retentions, COD, Taxes as well as down payments for all countries as we ‘Follow-the-Sun” Strategy.
- Assist internal and external Customers on AP related questions.
- Send invoices for bypass when necessary and on timely basis.
- Support in the execution of internal control procedures.
- Help to clarify all doubts about audit related issues with Accounts Payable.
- Ensure Invoice log sheets are constantly updated to keep track of balance sheet accounts.
- Ensue clear and adequate communications are sent to customers on invoices that are voided or rejected at the time of booking those invoices.
- Support in providing data to AP analyst for the preparation of weekly report.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor´s Degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- At least 6 months’ work experience.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experienced in interfacing with business customers in defining procurement service requirements or procurement/accounting information.
- Broad based experience in accounting and financial systems.
- Ability to work in a time sensitive environment.
- Experience in interfacing with business customers in resolving payment issues.
- Knowledge of WV’s policy and procedure in the area of finance, systems and products.