The Partnering and External Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for providing strategic guidance on local level partner engagements focusing on civil society organizations, local government and private organizations, with the aim of advancing relationships. In addition, the position is required to provide high-level guidance on aspects of partner assessment, identification, screening and capacity building.
Job Title: Partnering & External Engagement Coordinator
- Collaborate with Technical Programme Managers, Regional Operations Managers, Resource Acquisition Manager and Cluster Managers to proactively identify potential partnerships with local and national civil society organizations, through the annual stakeholder analysis process, as well as external networking,
- Support periodic NO and the field level to periodically assess the capacity of all partner organizations.
- Conduct periodic screening of all existing partners to and potential partner organizations to ensure compliance of standards and reduces the partnership risk.
- Champion robust partner relationship management characterized by the core partnership principles of responsibility, results-oriented approach, equality, transparency and complementarity.
- Support the RAM unit to network with local, regional, state and national agencies; educational institutions; nonprofit organizations; and private sector business interests for future program development.
- Coordinate the sharing and learning of best practices within WVG and amongst partners through various relevant forums and review meetings.
- Ensure that partnership agreements (MOUs) both at the national and field level are developed according to WVG standard and reviewed periodically for effective partnerships and compliance.
- Coordinate the collaboration with all stakeholders to ensure evidence dossiers are effectively shared and distributed with all partners at all levels.
- Facilitate staff and partner capacity enhancement to improve on their knowledge and skill levels in the areas of partnering, networking, collaboration and sub granting.
- Provide support to WV partners (including communities and Government institutions) on relevant information regarding World Vision operations and procedures
- Develop and periodically update WV Ghana partner database to contain relevant information of all partner organizations.
- Develop and roll out tools, processes and guidelines for effective communication with partners and stakeholders and monitor/evaluate their implementations.
- Serve as the NO Contact Person on partnership and external engagements matters.
- Timely monthly report submission on WVG partnering and external engagements issues.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development studies, Social sciences, Partnerships Management, NGO Management, or any other related field.
- Certification in facilitation/training, networking and monitoring & evaluation and para-legal will be an added advantage.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in partnership and external engagement positions or related field.
Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Proven ability to work effectively with national and local civil society organizations required.
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Experience in brokering partnerships
- Experience in managing partner or other organization expectations and issues.
- Proven ability to cultivate and maintain strong interpersonal and working relationships in a dispersed national/international context.
- Experience in working in a large international organization and communicating cross-culturally.
- Membership in a professional association, or willingness to obtain within 1 year.
- Professional or academic education in social science, external relations or related fields.
List additional work experience preferred for this position
- Experience with working in partners or stakeholder engagement in a large international organization.
- Education or experience related to external engagement and development.
- Background or experience with communications and/or technical writing.
- Experience and demonstrated success working with and engaging stakeholders at all levels.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Office based with frequent travel to the field
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 40% of the time.