With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 33,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Job Title: P2P Travel & Expense (T&E) Team Leader
- Take responsibility for operational management of the expense report audit process handled by the team.
- Responsible for service quality and KPIs of the T&E team.
- Ensure daily business execution for the Travel & Expense operation.
- Request the adjustment and configuration of the workflow in Concur as needed.
- Weekly & monthly KPI generation.
- Organize and distribute daily workload coordination.
- Perform the daily revision and approval of the cash advances.
Customer Relationship And Engagement
- Act as first stage escalation for any customer issues; resolving and investigating queries as necessary. Performs root cause analysis for major escalations.
- Assists the team when a response / resolution from the stakeholder is needed and not obtained.
- Coordinates and drives bi-monthly sessions with the finance managers.
- Organizes training sessions with FO when needed (or upon customer´s request)
- Performs testing and ensure that the workflow is correct in Concur, when transitioning new offices to the Service Center.
- Helps identify process standardization and improvement enhancements and supports implementation.
- Acts as the main point of contact for each FO; supporting them when there are escalations or situations that need a prompt resolution.
- Conduct people management activities such as: (1) Vacation approval; (2) 1:1 monthly execution and documentation; (3) ensure mandatory trainings are completed on time; (4) review and follow up the performance and development plans with the team; (5) document and execute disciplinary actions when needed, among others.
- Ensure that new staff is fully trained before assigning them new tasks.
- Work with other peers (from P2P and the other finance work streams as well) to ensure business continuity and for process alignment.
- Drive bi-weekly huddle with the team (30-minute session to align and establish weekly goals)
- Works on a backup plan among the team and ensures that it is constantly updated.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience.
- Bachelor´s Degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance, with 5+ years of related professional experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient in using accounting and financial systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience in interfacing with business customers in resolving expense reports and cash advances.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Lean six sigma yellow or greenbelt belt (certification achieved or in progress).
- Ability to work independently and collaborate with other team members.
- Excellent initiative and ability to commit to a course of action.
- Pro-active and innovative with ideas to improve processes / services.
- Experience working within a Shared Service environment.
- Familiarity with accounting / finance experience at World Vision or any NGOs.