World Vision International is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
Maintenance Supervisor – Job Summary
- To provide supervisory and technical coordination for the maintenance, repairs and services of plant, equipment, vehicles and spare parts for efficient operation and the achievement of GI-WASH objectives
- Communicate World Vision’s Christian ethos and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
- The position is based in Savelugu, Northern Region with some level of domestic travel.
- The position comes with an attractive salary package.
- S/He reports to the Project Manager.
- S/he provides supervision to the Mechanics / Drivers.
- Ensure efficient performance of the Workshop and all Vehicles
- Provide up to date capacity building for the Maintenance team
- Ensure transportation of staff, visitors and goods and done in timely and safe manner
- Ensure all equipment’s / vehicles and drivers has the right valid documentations as per the laws of Ghana and Policies of the organization
- Work closely with the Procurement and Stores Department to ensure the smooth supply and storage of parts at all times
- Ensure Health and Safety practices at the workshop at all times
- Write monthly reports on all maintenance activities
- Perform any other duties that may be required by the position
Required Skills or Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Educational level required: Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Technical Training qualifications required: Knowledge in Compressors and Heavy duty rigs
- Professional technical skill desired (certification) : NVTI 1&2
- Experience: minimum 5 years’ experience in similar role
- Experience in the following areas would be a strong advantage: Compressors (Atlas Copco), Auto-Electricals /Mechanic
- Possess excellent time management skills,
- good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to use both quantitative and qualitative data in reporting
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills, and conceptual ability
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc
- Must possess a valid driver’s license. (Minimum Grade C)
- Must be proactive with a high level of initiative, innovation, drive and a strong team player with interpersonal skills.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Perform other duties as required.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Travel: 35% domestic travel may be required.
How To Apply
- Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should please get the details of the Jobs from World Vision Website: http://careers.wvi.org/job-opportunities-in-ghana. Please apply only through this site.
- Deadline for receiving applications is 4th September, 2015. Due to the large volume of applications we anticipate to receive, only short listed candidates shall be contacted for interviews.
- Female Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.