World Vision International is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
Job Title: Project Officer – Food Security & Economic Development
Purpose of the position
- To coordinate the implementation and monitoring of Food Security and Economic Development projects within the Cluster through capacity building, networking, partnership and participation of children and community leaders
- Observe mission and core values of World Vision and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others
- Carry out needs assessment and reviews in communities to determine development interventions that are required and are consistent with WV Ghana strategic plan.
- Coordinate the preparation of Food Security and Economic Development projects plans and budgets within the cluster that will contribute to the attainment of child well-being.
- Ensure availability of qualitative and quantitative Food Security and Economic Development data and information for input into Horizon and CWBT report.
- Build capacity of Development Facilitators, volunteers, communities, Church and Government partners and other partners in Food Security and Economic Development issues.
- Participate in children mapping and monitoring processes in communities to ensure participation of children and their families in ADPs activities this includes RC and the most vulnerable).
- Facilitate communication between RC and their sponsors and ensure that Sponsorship Key Performance indicators are met in the different APs forming the cluster.
- Participate in RC registering, monitoring and data processing for marketing.
- Ensure implementation of Audit and Risk Assessment recommendations in Food Security and Economic Development projects and their impact areas within the cluster.
- Facilitate and report (monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually) on Food Security and Economic Development activities, outputs, outcomes and impact on child well-being in ADPs communities.
- Ensure effective representation of WV cluster office at District and Regional events related to Food Security and Economic Development where World Vision is invited and report on them to the cluster programmes manager.
Working Environment / Conditions
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: 10% Domestic/international travel is required.
- On call: 5%
Required Skills or Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Educational level required: BA /BSC Degree in Economics, Agriculture, Business Administration, Development studies /planning, Social Science disciplines, or related field. Masters Degree an advantage.
- Technical Training qualifications required: Professional technical skill desired (certification?)
- Experience: Three (3) years in development facilitation.
- Development facilitation skills
- Monitoring, reporting and proposal writing skills
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services.
- Proven ability to communicate on Food Security topics with diverse groups i.e. farmers, managers, etc.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to support in the development and roll out of food security and economic development programs/projects.
- Good development and facilitation skills, including catalyzing, connecting, and building the capacity of community groups/ partners.
- Strong communicator at all levels with interpersonal skills, ability and commitment to listen to others.
- Demonstrate commitment to the empowerment of the poor in rural communities.
- Working knowledge of programs/projects cycle management.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff and key partners.
- Experience in community entry and mobilization and development facilitation.
- Working knowledge of proposal writing and negotiation skills.
- Perform other duties as required.
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should please get the details of the Jobs from World Vision’s website below.
The deadline for submission of application is December 11, 2018.
- As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children.
- All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
- World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
Women are particularly encouraged to apply