The ‘Landscapes and Environmental Agility across the Nation (LEAN) project will be implemented by World Vision Ghana (WVG) together with Rainforest Alliance, EcoCare and Tropenbos Ghana with funding from the European Union.
The overall objective of the project is to directly contribute to the national efforts of conserving biodiversity, improving livelihoods of smallholder farmers, increasing climate change resilience and reducing emissions from land use changes in the savannah, high forest and transition zones of Ghana.
World Vision Ghana will work with stakeholders to reduce land degradation, prevent forest loss and increase productivity, climate change resilience and natural resource conservation through training and mentoring of smallholders on FMNR, SLM, CSA, SFM practices, and sustainable natural resource regeneration and management in two districts of Kassena-Nankana West and West Gonja Districts of Ghana
Job Title: Grant Finance Officer
Planning, Budgeting, Procurement
- Contribute to project planning and budgeting by providing inputs
- Work closely with project team to explain any variance in budget execution.
- Support project manager with information on all budget-related- communication with donor and other relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure adequate cash flow of the project
- Help project coordinators prepare good procurement plan for the project
Monitoring, Reporting & Documentation
- Analyse financial reports and raise concerns for the attention of the project manager.
- Provides monthly, quarterly, year-end and other grants financial reports and analysis Ensure prompt processing of documents for payments
- Verify and properly document all transactions.
- Ensure timely reconciliation of LDR/Timesheet, payroll expenses, travel / activity advances for project staff.
- Prepare monthly/weekly financial report and advise project Manager on any shot falls (over/under expenditure)
- Ensure that all costs in the project adhere to donor regulations, and are allowable, reasonable and allocable
- Ensure all procurements met donor and World Vision requirements
- Ensure sub-grantees’ submission of timely, complete and accurate financial reports per agreements.
- Support all audits to be carried out during the duration of the project.
Compliance and Risk Management
- Assist to set up proper internal control system in project team.
- Promote and practice transparency and integrity for good stewardship of resources by applying controls.
- Take corrective actions/measures on audit recommendations and regularly monitor progress, in partnership with NO and partner finance departments.
- Train partners on financial requirements of the donor and WV.
- Monitor ongoing activities, including site visits.
- Ensure proper and adequate background checks on all project partners whom will receive funding from the project.
Provide necessary information on project audits
Networking, collaboration, and communication
- Represent WV Ghana at relevant meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Foster good relationships with communities and partners, ensuring that feedback is addressed in a timely manner.
Support all audits to be carried out during the duration of the project.
Perform other tasks as required by management
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- First Degree or its equivalent in accounting and finance option; A professional certificate in Accounting will be an added advantage
- Experience: At least 3 to 5 years’ experience in an accounting or finance office role, preferably in implementing integrated Nutrition & Health and food security projects in developing countries
- Strong understanding of food based approaches -Nutrition-sensitive agriculture approaches and pathways
- Strong grant project management skills and experience in managing large scale internationally funded grant projects will be an added advantage
- Prior experience in social enterprise /microenterprise/ micro franchising will be an added advantage
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Strong communication skills (oral and written), able to make convincing presentations
- Competency in the use of MS Office suite- Excel
- Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- Travel: Minimum 50% domestic travel required
- Location Base: Damango