To efficiently and effectively manage the Supply Chain Unit and ensure that it responds in a quality and timely manner in meeting Stakeholders’ requirements, upholding World Visions procedures and maintaining high level of accountability and integrity.
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Provide technical advice on Supply Chain related issues
- Lead the logistics function of World Vision Ghana
- Be responsible for an optimal interface between Supply Chain and business units as it relates to the planning, procurement and Logistics functions.
- Train SLT, OBTLs, ADP Managers and Project Staff on the right procurement processes and procedures
- Ensure NO supply chain process meets national and international standards
Lead the Supply Chain strategy
- Develop a sourcing strategy based on the overall procurement needs of the organization
- Consolidate Annual Procurement Plans for World Vision Ghana across grants, projects, all functional departments in the HO and Field Operations.
- Manage the Performance of staff and provide regular feedback on performance and identifying training needs.
- Develop, deliver training for Supply Chain Team
- Supplier performance management.
Ensure continuous improvement in Supply Chain through
- monitoring of Procurement Progress Reports, procurement monthly tracking reports using KPIs
- Lead the development of action plans to address areas of poor performance
- Regularly review the existing supply-chain operating procedures and manuals and update as necessary to cater for Program’s growth, technological and operational changes.
Maintain relationships with internal and external clients and governmental agencies;
- Work closely with the appropriate government agencies in leveraging official resources and plans.
- Manage day-to-day interactions and relationship with Operations, Programs, Finance and other departments to facilitate improvements in knowledge sharing, communication and process.
Required Professional Experience
- Purchasing know-how and mastery in the 7-Step Sourcing Process
- Specific knowledge of local legal positions for contracts
- Highly experienced in negotiation strategies and tactics
- At least 5 – 10 years experience in purchasing
- Or at least 4 – 5 years experience in a management position
- Team leader experience for minimum of 2 years
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- University degree in Business administration, Procurement, Supply Chain Management or similar degree
- Professional qualification preferably MCIPS qualified preferred