Regional Sanitation and Hygiene Advisor
World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. For over two decades. World Vision has been working with urban and rural communities in all the 10 Regions of Ghana to improve provision of water, promote sanitation and hygiene practices and quality education.
World Vision is looking for highly qualified and motivated persons for the position of Regional Sanitation and Hygiene Advisor.
Under the supervision of WASH/HD Program Manager, the Regional Sanitation and Hygiene Advisor will work closely with the LC Team and field staff in WASH countries (Ghana, Mali and Niger) to enhance programmatic design and implementation of Hygiene and Sanitation component of WASH, Improve the implementation of community mobilization, education, sensitization, participation and capacity building on WASH components, work toward sustainability and share lessons learned, best practices, Lead monitoring and evaluation of WASH projects.
- Assist the WASH Regional Director in the development and implementation of the WASH Strategies Plans, Work plans, proposal writing and special technical issues
- Build the capacities of WV WASH staff on community mobilization, education, sensitization, participation
- On the basis of lessons learned and innovations, undertake studies on best practices and ways of improving WASH projects impact on communities and assure projects best sustainability
- Contribute to design Complementary projects in relation with countries, partners, and technicals staff in the 3 countries
- Take part, plan and support WASH monitoring and evaluations activities as required by the WASH Regional Director in the 3 countries
- Establish a comprehensive Community, database for WASH/HD partnership, including countries implementation and planning database; partner institutions related database in relation with Ministry quality teams in each country
- Provide technical support in communication, website development and maintenance; identify and request success stories, best practices and improvement & innovations in WASH-HD and related with countries project management;
- Maintain a strategic technical link between WASH Regional Director and WASH countries Projects management as well as Partner institutions who report to him in Sanitation and hygiene sector
Required Skills or Experience
- Advanced degree in Sanitation, hygiene & behavior communication, Health, Database creation and Monitoring and Evaluation, or similar field or equivalent experience required
- With five (5) years minimum professional experience in WASH planning, implementation, Monitoring and evaluation activities, of which 3 years are in developing countries, working on integrated WASH programs
- Have a solid knowledge of WV WASH structure, the partnership in WASH Work plan and activities
- Familiar with WASH indicator and skilled in monitoring and evaluation
- Able to work in rural areas and to travel very often
- Strong in English, French oral and written skills is also desired
How To Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should send their application letters and CV to: [email protected]
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. WV is an equal opportunity employer.
Closing 31 Oct, 2011