World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. For over two decades. World Vision has been working with urban and rural communities in all the 10 Regions of Ghana to improve provision of water, promote sanitation and hygiene practices and quality education. World Vision through a USAID funded Education project in Ghana known as the Transition and Persistence Program (TAP). The TAP project seeks to increase access to junior High School (JHS) by re/constructing and rehabilitating of junior high schools to increase access to equitable and quality education for schools in the rural communities of Ghana.
To assist the Chief Audit Executive in review and audit of projects and programs to ensure the promotion of good stewardship of resources consistent with the purposes for which the funds were given.
- Conducts audits to assess the effectiveness of internal controls, accuracy of financial records, and efficiency of organizational operations using professional audit standards and practices by:
- Examining various departmental records and interviews staff to ensure accurate recording of transactions and compliance with the World Vision International policies and procedures
- Inspecting accounting systems to determine their efficiency and protective value in the recording and management of organization resources.
- Reviewing records pertaining to fixed and movable assets to determine degree to which they are effectively, efficiently and economically utilized.
- Analyzing data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in internal controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud, and non-compliance with country laws, government regulations, and management policies or procedures.
- Prepares reports of audit results and recommendations to management using good written skills.
- Conducts special reviews/investigations as directed.
- Conducts compliance reviews of organization records to ensure compliance with Government statutory requirements in areas including but not limited to taxation laws, employment law and any other applicable local requirement.
Required Skills or Job Experience:
- Minimum of a university degree in Commerce, Accounting or Business, and/or part III professional qualification in ICAG, ACCA, CPA or CIA
- Should have other qualifying work experience or education in auditing or accounting firm for atleast five years
- Must have good communication and quantitative skills
- Must be able to travel extensively within the country and internationally up to 50% of the time
- Must have good knowledge of computerised accounting systems, preferably Sun Systems & Vision. Must be computer literate in using Microsoft Office programmes
- Must be able to work independently in a remote areas
- Good communication and strong interpersonal skills.
- The preferred candidate must be a committed Christian.
How to apply:
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should send their application letter and CV to: [email protected]
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminals record checks where possible