Job Title: Integrated Development Facilitator
Purpose of the position:
To implement and facilitate implementation of activities, in an integrated approach, by communities and other local partners as well as monitor activities’ outputs and report on them in the operational area.
The position interacts with community and partners to mobilize them, involve and empower them in activities implementation and monitoring as well as in children (including RC) monitoring.
- Build relationship within communities as catalyst, broker and facilitator, working with partners and various stakeholders towards high community mobilization, involvement, support and participation in program planning & implementation.
- Map and identify new partners within and outside target communities with interest in Child Wellbeing Outcomes and mobilize them for viable partnerships in promoting the wellbeing of children at community level.
- Implement properly, on timely manner and in an integrated approach, with children, communities and others local partners participation, planned activities under the supervision of the Cluster Programmes Manager and with the technical support of the sectoral projects officers.
- Monitor implementation and outputs of activities with appropriate processes and tools to ensure that program interventions reflect the needs, opportunities and capacity of the community and report to the sectoral Project Officers and the Cluster Programmes Manager.
- Support communities and partners in reflection and other learning processes so that lessons are incorporated to inform future work.
- Facilitate assessment of feasibility, risk management and community readiness for sponsorship in such a way that communities understand the essence of sponsorship and are actively participating in its related activities.
- Facilitate and participate to community ongoing monitoring of children (including RC and the most vulnerable) and ensure that learning and documentation of lessons learned and best practices inform management decision making.
- Ensure capacity building of community volunteers, CBO and FBO leaders for an ongoing community-led co-creation, ownership of development and transformation process and its sustainability.
- Support the monitoring of children and management of sponsorship and integrate these with other projects (Education, Health & Nutrition, WASH and Food Security) activities’ implementation.
- Collect stories, data and information from the assigned AP area so that it can be included in AP generated regular reports or specific responses.
- Strong understanding of transformational development and frameworks.
- Critical and analytical thinking skills and high capacity to identify and implement integrated community development approaches.
- Good facilitation skills, including catalyzing, connecting, and building the capacity of community groups/ partners.
- Strong communicator at all levels with interpersonal skills, ability and commitment to listen to others
- Good negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Skills in mentoring and coaching, especially of CBO leadership at community level.
- Demonstrate commitment to the empowerment of the poor in rural communities
- Ability to work in a team and to lead teams
- Openness to and eagerness to learn – especially to embrace change and new innovations as well as divergent opinions.
- Demonstrate commitment to WV’s mission and core values.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Willingness to live and work in difficult and challenging terrains and communities.
- Ability to adapt easily to different contexts and work under pressure.
- Strong passion for children and their wellbeing
- Willing to perform other duties as required.Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Minimum Educational level required:First Degree or Equivalent in Community Development Studies, Sociology, other Social Sciences in related field required
Professional technical skill desired: Higher National Diploma in Community Development Studies or similar technical skill in any discipline
- Experience:At least three years’ experience in Community Development field
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Field based with 80 % time in the field.
- Travel: 20% Domestic/international travel is required.
- On call: 10% Will need to participate in Skype and WebEx calls