Posted on :
2 Oct, 2013
World Vision International is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
For over three decades, World Vision has been working with rural communities in all the 10 Administrative Regions of Ghana to provide portable water, promote sanitation and hygiene practices, quality education, particularly at the basic level, enhance food security and respond to disasters.
• Supervises: A team of 5
• Reports to: Finance & Support Services Director
• Job Grade Level: HAY 17
Purpose of the Position
To provide leadership to the Supply Chain Management, Information Technology. Fleet Management, Corporate Security, and general support services functions and to ensure that these functions have systems and skilled personnel to support the operations of the National Office in a timely. technologically-sound. professional and cost-effective manner.
• Lead the development, implementation and or review of systems for each department/unit to ensure they are aligned to set standards. responsive to internal and external customers and cost effective.
• To develop. implement and review the operating plans and budgets for the Division and support other Divisions and projects/programs to prepare their own budgets and procurement plans, relating to SCM, IT, Fleet Management, Security and Administrative Services
• Provide line management and leadership to staff of the departments/units falling under this Division: Supply Chain Management, Fleet Management, Information Technology. Security. Travel/Transport, and Administrative Services.
• Assist the Finance and Support Services Director in accessing and coordinating technical resources available from the Global Center or Region for Support Services Division (SCM, IT, Fleet Management and Security)
• Participate in the negotiation, implementation, monitoring and reporting of relevant Service Level Agreements (SLAs) with the Global Center and/or Region
• Liaise with Security Focal Person to ensure the implementation of the Security Protocol and assist the Operations Division to integrate sound security practices into their operations so as to enhance the safety and security of staff, assets and programs and minimize operational risks to World Vision
• Mentor, coach and develop the capacity of Functional Leaders under the Division into competent, accountable and high performance teams.
• Work with Operations Division to establish a comprehensive inventory of ADP office premises with adequate documentation on any legal aspects, ownership documentation and transition plans .
Qualification Required & Experience
• Education required: Master’s Degree in Business Administration. Supply Chain! Logistics Management or Finance
• Experience: Minimum of 5 years in middle or senior management in a comparable organization
• Demonstrated ability in leadership and team building
• Show supervisory skills
• Strong communication and facilitation skills
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should send their application letters and cv quoting only the job title as the subject to:-
Closing Date: 13 October, 2013
As a child focused organisation, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
WV is an equal opportunity employer. Women are highly encouraged to apply.