Purpose of the RoleTo manage all day-to-day financial transactions of the Programmes/projects to ensure effective programme implementation within World Vision International Financial policies and procedures and donor requirementsTo assist the Cluster Finance Officers in providing efficient financial management for improved ministry quality and achievement of overall organizational objective Key ResponsibilitiesRisk Management and Internal Controls
Job Title: Regional Accountant
- Ensure the implementation of financial procedures and activities that comply with WVI Financial manual and WV Ghana finance policies and all government regulations.
- Educate Operations/Project staff in financial policies, procedures and systems of WVI.
- Ensure that all the relevant policies and regulations are observed by Regional and Cluster staff.
- Ensure prudent Cash Flow management of the Region, monitoring bank balance to ensure balances do not fall below or exceed the requirement and follow-up on outstanding items on monthly bank reconciliation statements and address them timely
Reporting and Compliance
- Ensure submission of quality and timely, complete and accurate financial reports in compliance with WVI and donor requirements.
- Support Grant Finance Manager in the preparation of specific grant donor reports.
Planning and Budgeting
- Identify requirements and coordinate the preparation of Project and Regional Office budget and implement revisions as necessary.
- Provide technical assistant for grant proposal writing/concept note and grant management for the Region.
Monitoring & Audit
- Conduct field visits to review accounting, internal control systems and procedures and train/recommend improvements if found inadequate
- Facilitate annual audit and ensure that the minimum “Acceptable audit rating” according to World Vision Partnership requirements is reached and ensure timely implementation of audit recommendations.
- Ensure service contracts, agreements, approvals and other administrative documents comply with Ghana legislation and WVI policies
- Ensure information system works well, its use is optimal and user problems are taken care of in time
- Ensure compliance with procurement procedures in accordance with the procurement code and / or procedures of WVG
- Oversee the management of the vehicle fleet and staff travel by ensuring compliance with policies and procedures and perform the safety briefing for all personnel in the region
- Ensure proper maintenance and local security and proper monitoring of all insurance and take the administrative steps with partners, financiers and local authorities.
- Supervise warehouse in order to ensure quality deliverables are received, and stocked to the satisfaction of customers as well as to ensure that the asset register is kept updated and to standard.
- Ensure safeguard of assets and inventory and conduct periodic stock taking (at least twice a year).
Minimum Educational Level Required
- Bachelors Degree Accounting/Finance / Business Administration -Accounting/Finance or Part 11 of ACCA, CA/CIMA.
- HND Accounting/Finance with 5 years experience
- Technical Training qualifications required: Good working knowledge in accounting software. Advanced knowledge in MS Excel/Word/PowerPoint
- Experience: 3 – 5 years in similar position.