With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Job Title: Specialist – Local Resource Mobilisation
Purpose of the position:
This is a position within the Resource Acquisition and Management unit is focused primarily on resource development and donor/partner relationships. Position purpose maintains and grows relationships with corporate and individual donors. Proactively identifies and develops new sources of financial support to meet annual resource mobilisation goals, primarily through execution of special fund-raising events. The position will support the creation and promotion of strategic alliances with corporate partners, donors, and other NGOs for purposes of increasing resources for the children and communities WV serves.
Key Areas of Responsibility
In addition to pursuing local fundraising, post-holder will initiate and coordinate the establishment and development of relations with state structures, international organizations, civil society organisations and private sector structures on an equal footing within a formal framework, mutually agreed collaborations with shared objectives and responsibilities that would enable World Vision Ghana to
This position requires strong analytical, report-writing, negotiation, and communication, relationship building skills to be able to perform at the optimum level. Postholder will work with Resource Acquisition and Management team focusing on local funding raising and partnerships opportunities that contribute to the overall fund-raising and partnerships efforts of World Vision Ghana.
Promote the values of WVG, understand its own barriers and catalysts and those of partners, learn from others and jointly define appropriate indigenous solutions to reduce inequalities in favour of children;
- Works within a solicitation plan building new and nurturing current relationships through a series of personal visits, meetings, events and follow up stewardship practices
- Contribute to the mobilisation of resources from Corporates, Foundations and trust capacity building for staff the realisation of children’s rights advocacy and other influencing activities;
- Mobilize resources for the implementation of projects and programmes;
- Ensure the sustainability of interventions and the consolidation of achievements.
- Major Responsibilities:
Strategic Management of local Fundraising and partnerships
- Initiate and coordinate the development and regular update of WV Ghana’s policy, plans, and guidelines on local resource moblisation and partnerships.
- Initiate and coordinate under the supervision of the Resource Acquisition Manager and in concert with the Technical Leads and the Head of Programmes and other relevant functional units, a framework for effective local fundraising and partnerships to achieve strategic and programmatic objectives per country strategy.
- Initiate and coordinate under the supervision of the Resource Acquisition Manager the development and monitoring of the implementation of guidelines for local fundraising as well as the operationalization of the partnerships cycle.
- Ensure the partnerships cycle is aligned to WVG business processes and approach
- Resource Acquisition & Operational management of the Local Fundraising and partnerships
- Pursue resource mobilization opportunities aligned to WV Ghana’s strategy and capacities from a variety of corporate and other donors
- Mobilize and lead cross-functional proposal development teams with clear expectations and timelines
- Anticipate, plan for, and write proposals with high win rate
- Regularly review project evaluations, lessons learnt, project and other internal reports and from other NGOs and donors and apply innovations and best practices in future proposals
- Ensure readily available data per country programmes priorities for easy reference for proposal and concept note development.
- Support the preparation and review of local grants proposal budget
- Monitors local Grants Implementation in the field.
- Relationship building
- Develop a schedule for local resource mobilization within WV Ghana
- Maintains a database of all potential donors for purpose of local fund raising
- Regularly meet with, brief, and provide updates to current and prospective corporate partners formally and informally
- Make presentations to corporate partners, donors and others to share learning, promote best practices, coordinate programming, and foster alliances and funding opportunities
- Represent WV Ghana in various forums as assigned by Management
- Research and monitor corporate partner and donor strategies, funding, and regulatory trends and advise Management
- Local Donor Relationship Management:
- Facilitate timely follow ups on local donor deadlines and ensure that all local donor queries are adequately addressed
- Review reports due local donors and ensure that reports meet donor reporting requirements as per agreements and recommend actions to Manager.
- Partnerships Management:
- Coordinate the development of partnership agreements and financing agreements;
- Coordinate in collaboration with relevant technical teams, the assessment of institutional and operational capacity partner institutions and their capacity building plan.
- Donor compliance and Project Management
- Support Project Managers understanding and adherence to Corporate and donors regulations and compliance requirements by ensuring comprehensive, detailed, and inclusive project start-up and close –up processes
- Capacity Building Support the capacity development of programme staff in resource acquisition from Local Donors and management Field-level monitoring and support Facilitate field-level review meetings, visit field project sites to local donor team, provide hands-on support to project implementation teams as needed
- Other Responsibilities Perform other duties as required by Management
Applicant Types Accepted
Local and International Applicants (IA’s) Accepted