World Vision is a global Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
World Vision serves all people, regardless of religion, race, ethnicity, or gender.
Job Title: People & Culture Officer, Northern Region
Responsible for the People & Culture function within the Northern Regional Operations (including all projects) and provide P&C guidance to the Regional Operations Manager, Cluster Managers / Projects Managers in the interpretation & application of terms and conditions of service to all employees in the areas of human resources management, employee relations, staff development, career management & employees’ welfare. Communicate World Vision’s ethos and values as well as demonstrate an example to others.
- The position is based in Northern Region Operations with regular level of domestic travels.
- The position comes with an attractive salary package.
- S/He reports to the Northern Regions Operations Manager.
- Advises and counsels the Regional Team, Cluster Managers and Project managers on people related issues.
- Provide interpretation & application of policies, procedures, terms and conditions of service, etc. to all employees.
- Support the Regional Operations Team (Clusters and Projects) in handling and managing employee relations matters, behaviors and issues in close coordination with P&C Director in National Office . – Immediately Report on any Employee Relations incident as per the ER protocols.
- Submit monthly, semi-annual and annual Regional People & Culture Report.
- Submit a quarterly report on the administration and management of the internship / national services personnel programs within their respective areas of operations to the P&C Director
- Collate learning and development needs within the Region and Clusters for incorporation into the annual learning & development operational plan.
- Monitor and report staff who have participated and benefitted from the annual training plan for P&C Director / L&D records.
- Manage the Region & Cluster staff employee appraisal process and ensure that the performance of staff is monitored and documented.
- Provide support to Regional officers and Cluster Managers and staff on the preparation of mid-term and annual performance appraisals.
- Submit mid-term and end of appraisal reports to P&C Director / L&D, TM and EE.
- Adhere to WVI standard Performance Management timelines.
- Provide the required coaching and support for new hires and ensure probationary reviews are completed on a timely manner and results and recommendations are communicated properly to the concerned parties.
- Work with Regional and Cluster staff to complete contract appraisals for contract staff and support contract renewal/separation processes in close coordination and within the guidelines and approvals of the Regional Operations Manager and P&C Director.
- Liaise with Regional Office and Clusters in the administration of various types of leaves as: annual and sick leave and ensure all leaves are properly kept within Our People system.
- Support staff welfare and social activities at the Region & Cluster level.
- Support the implementation of Employee Engagement activities as per the Our Voice Action Plan and ensure staff participation and completion of the annual Staff Engagement and Pulse Check Survey.
- Ensure proper medical support and guidance is provided to field staff and their dependents.
- Support Regional management and Cluster managers to ensure full compliance with Child protection policy.
- Ensure employee files are accurate and well managed and always kept under lock and key.
- Responsible for People & Culture information management system (PCIS) at the region & Cluster. Ensure data is always accurate and up –to-date.
- Ensure proper implementation of P&C field audit findings.
- Follow up and ensure that all P&C internal controls are applied within their respective area of responsibility.
- Promote effective networks within WV through effective communication, relationships and twin citizenship.
- Liaise properly with external agencies such as but not limited to social security unit, labor office, tax office, and other local authorities. Ensure they reflect the right organizational image for all stakeholders.
- Adhere to WVI key policy documents – mission, core values, and covenant of partnership.
- Ensure effective implementation of people & culture initiatives at the Regions & Clusters in close coordination with P&C Director.
- Participate in annual and quarter P&C planning meetings and take part in designing the annual business plan.
- Ensure new hires are properly oriented at the beginning of their assignment and conduct annual orientation update to existing staff at the regions and Cluster level.
- Handle and manage internship / national service personnel programs and assignments in their respective bases and Clusters as per WV Ghana policy.
- Ensure the hiring and selection of interns / national service personnel are within the established guidelines and selection criteria and the request has been approved by the Hiring Managers and Regional Manager.
- Ensure the Terms of Reference (TOR) is properly drafted and communicated with the interns /NSP so that both parties will have a clear understanding of the roles and responsibilities as well as the expected outcomes.
- Ensure timely monthly pay slips are shared, signed and properly filed.
- Support Regional Operations Manager and Cluster Managers in addressing issues related to WV Total Rewards Philosophy (Compensation and Benefits).
- Consult and closely coordinate with the P&C Director on any advice / recommendation when it comes to staff salaries and benefits.
- Support the Cluster and Regional Operations Managers in conducting annual demand / supply analysis and workforce planning highlighting the current workforce composition, retirees, rotations, etc. in close coordination and as per the advice and recommendations of the P&CD.
- Support the Regional Operations Team (Cluster and Projects) in the selection and hiring of Staff ensure the interview report is submitted to the P&C Manager – Recruitment within the next 24 hours as per the recruitment guidelines.
- Ensure Child Protection Policy is compiled properly and in the file of each employee.
- Ensure staff are familiar with the Child Protection incident reporting mechanism
- Ensure all staff in their zone have received the required Child Protection Awareness Training and a refresher workshop is given at least once every year to all the Regional / Cluster team
- Champion Child Safe Organization Practices (i.e. ensure children are not hired to execute WV projects, report any case of child abuse, etc…)
Education / Work Experience / Skills
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources
- Minimum of 3 years working experience in Human Resource Management.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to take and lead new initiatives
- Good communications and mediations skills
- Good organizational skills with an ability to set priorities and meeting the required deadlines.
- Team player with a caring personality to adhere to staff care needs
- Ability to demonstrate life/work balance and encourage others to do so
- Ability to advise and coach others, when necessary.
- Fluency in English and working knowledge of French, while mastering local languages is a plus.