Facilitating community-level census to establish Neighbor Circles (NCs), and to assist each NC to select their Nurturing Care Group Volunteer. Help conduct baseline survey in the communities assigned.
Job Title: Nurturing Care Group Promoter
- Organize participatory learning sessions every two weeks with each of their NCGs using the biweekly lesson plans in the educational materials provided (NCG curricula).
- Visits, monitors and evaluates at least one NCGV from each CG each month, and supervises NCGVs’ work by accompanying them on home visits, observe them lead group meetings, use Quality Improvement and Verification Checklists (QIVCs), and provide support and counseling to NCGVs when needed
- Ensure the availability of quantitative data for effective and timely reporting based on Nurturing Care Group Volunteer registers and other formative research in the course of implementation (e.g., Barrier Analysis studies).
- Coordinates local-level activities and maintains cooperation with other community-level institutions, such as the community political, traditional education, health, and interfaith structures.
- Complete monthly Reports of District level NCG activities based on the NCGV register and Neighbor Circle (NC) register
- Models WASH and Child Protection behaviors taught to Nurturing Care Group Volunteers in the community and monitors behavior change for NCGVs.
- Attends training and reporting meetings provided by the supervisor, and the module training sessions, to accurately replicate the training with the NCGVs, sharing correct information and demonstrating skills learned.
- Meet monthly with the local leadership/traditional leadership committee in each community for coordination, monitoring & evaluation
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
Educational level required: Diploma in behavioral science, community health promotion, teaching, sociology, public health or any related field.
Technical Training qualifications required: in Community mobilization and group facilitation
Experience: Two years’ experience working in the WASH Sector
- Able to speak, read, and write in the local languages (Dagbani and Twi)
- Excellent in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Deep understanding of community-based approaches, including clear involvement of children, women and People with Disabilities in hygiene promotion.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Proven ability to communicate on WASH topics with diverse groups.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good development and facilitation skills, including catalyzing, connecting, and building the capacity of community groups/ partners.
- Strong communicator at all levels with interpersonal skills, ability and commitment to listen to others.
- Demonstrate commitment to the empowerment of the poor in rural communities.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with staff and key partners.
- Experience in community entry and mobilization and development facilitation.
- Monitoring and reporting
- Should be able to ride a motorbike
- Should possess a driver license class A
- Perform other duties as required
Candidate should be residents of the following areas:
- Sekyere- East, Central, South District
- Savelugu Municipal
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Community based with occasional travel to the base office
- Travel: 90% Domestic travel (nearby communities) is required.
- On-call: 10 %