World Vision International is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
Job Title: Maintenance Supervisor
To ensure that World Vision’s GI-WASH and Northern Operations fleet of vehicles are road worthy at all times and that all legal requirements with regards to registration, license and insurance are adhered to; and maintain an up to date data on all vehicles and also to ensure that all drilling equipment are in good working condition at all times for operations.
- The position is based Savelugu
- S/He reports to the GI WASH Program Manager
- Ensure that new vehicles are processed at the DVLA to ensure they are fully registered and insured in compliance with the legal requirements of Ghana;
- Ensure all required documentations on vehicles are current and up to date (renewals on road worthiness, insurance etc);
- Provide supervision to the team of field mechanics and driver mechanics in the areas of work scheduling and performance appraisals;
- Plan all vehicle movements and allocations for project visitors and staff and follow up on vehicle tracking incidences that are identified;
- Ensure adequate stock levels for consumable spares and lubricants for both drilling equipment and project vehicles;
- Ensure maintenance schedules for all project vehicles and drilling rig equipment are adhered to;
- Maintain and update maintenance files for the vehicle fleet. Ensure vehicle log books are filled;
- Liaise with P&C, Police and Insurance company on accident procedures involving organizational vehicles and staff;
- Assist in the selection, certification and refresher training and supervision of drivers ensuring that drivers performances are monitored measured and their capacity enhanced;
- Generate and submit monthly report respectively to the GI-WASH Manager, ROM and National Fleet Supervisor who subsequently submits to the Finance and Support Services Director on activities – repair and maintenance, monthly fuel utilization, transport services, accidents, number of renewals, log book filling, per vehicle etc.;
- Perform other duties as required.=
Required Skills or Experience
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or HND (Eng) or MVT 3 + years’ experience two of which should include some administrative and supervisory experience;
- 2 years’ experience one of which should have been in a supervisory position with administrative responsibility ;
- Knowledge of drilling equipment maintenance is a must;
- Experience with diesel engines;
- Computer Literacy
- Solid Knowledge in electronic and mechanic issues;
- Must be flexible as may be called upon at odd hours;
- Must have a valid driver’s License preferably class D;
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English;
- Attend and participate/lead in daily devotions and weekly Chapel services;
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities
How to Apply
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should apply through
World Vision Website:
The deadline for submission of application is 10th August.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children.
All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
World Vision is an equal opportunity employer.
Women are particularly encouraged to apply
Click Here To Apply For M & E Officer
Click Here To Apply For Field Assistant – Sustainable Livelihoods