World Vision started working in Ghana in 1979. It currently implements 32 Area Development Programmes (ADPs) in all the 10 administrative regions in Ghana and seven major special projects. These directly benefit about two million people through health and nutrition, water and sanitation, education, food security, micro-enterprise development and Christian Commitments programmes.
Job Title: Grants Finance Officer
To manage all day-to-day financial transactions of the project to ensure effective implementation in compliance with World Vision International financial policies and procedures and donor requirements. Providing financial and other relevant information to the Regional Accountant, Project Manager and other mandated stakeholders for decisions on allocation of resources.
- The position is based in Bolgatanga
- The position comes with an attractive salary package.
- S/He reports to the Project Manager, WFP Asset Creation Project
- Produce financial reports in adherence to the field finance manual, local government and donor regulations
- Work with the project team and the project managers to prepare variance analysis of all the areas in financial reports where variance is considerable
- Assist the Project Manager in monitoring project expenditure against YTD budget
- Identify key donor requirements and communicate to project team; monitor compliance to donor regulations and escalate non-compliance appropriately
- Assist the Project Manager, in ensuring ensure project planning and budgeting are executed to meet the requirements /deadlines by the donors, NO and other relevant stakeholders
- Assist Project Manager in finance-related communication with donor and other relevant stakeholders.
- Determine cash requirements of the project and assist Regional Accountant for funding request timely to NO.
- Liaise with the Project Manager to ensure that Project procurement plans are implemented within the budget timelines
- Support in the review of project budget during implementation.
- Prepare and process bank and petty cash transactions
- Prepare vouchers and process invoices for payment
- Post transactions to general ledger/voucher interface
- File accounting related documents for easy retrieval
- Scan all project vouchers and keep soft copies on file
- Ensure all project staff submit their monthly labour distribution report (LDR)/timesheet and ensure timely reconciliation of LDR/timesheet and payroll expenses.
- Assist in setting up and implementing the required internal control measures for the project team.
- Appropriately escalate potential financial and project risks
- Assist the Project Manager in taking corrective actions/measures on audit recommendations
- Conduct orientation on finance policies and procedures to staff and other project stakeholders
- Assess staff financial training needs and deploy a capacity building plan .
- Assist the projects staff in pre-audit preparations for both internal and external audits
- Take corrective actions/measures on audit recommendations and regularly monitor progress, in partnership with NO and partner finance departments .
- Any other tasks that may be required by management from time to time
Education / Work Experience / Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting or Part 2 of ACCA, CA/CIMA.
- Good working knowledge of Sunsystems accounting software will be an added advantage.
- Three years’ post-qualification professional experience in accounting. Experience in grant programmes will be an added advantage
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.