To support the National Director in managing the office effectively & efficiently including managing information, assisting in administrative tasks and meetings (including SLT and Board), making appointments, monitoring documents and mail, talking to external and internal customers, organizing events and trips, providing services and taking care of personal agenda.
Job Title: Executive Assistant
National Director’s Office Coordination
- Ensure efficient and effective coordination of the National Director’s office, engaging with all direct reports of the ND; with the Advisory Council and Peers, ensuring and maintaining an efficient workflow.
- Ensure and maintain an effective communication (oral and written) including reviewing documents, phone calls, emails, etc. and taking discerning decisions on how information should be managed with the National Director’s office.
- Ensure and maintain a positive image of the National Director’s office. This will require diplomacy and tact, especially in dealing with external partners
- Reading and anlysing all correspondence, letters, etc. and determining their significance and routing to the appropriate officers in a timely and efficient manner
- Ensure a current and updated National Director’s calendar of events (local and international) to facilitate efficiency in the office of the National Director.
- Ensure that there are not conflicting appointments in National Director’s calendar
- Maintaining and ensuring safe management of both electronic and paper filing system of all documents,
- Ensure that all minutes of the SLT and Board are filed and accessible to the ND at any point in time.
- May be required to take minutes of the SLT and Board, and to ensure that all minutes are detailed and accurate
- Maintain an effective mailing system and appointment ensuring excellent engagements with external partners.
- Provide retrieval of organization information as may be required
Ensure compilation of monthly and quarterly reports for National Director’s office and support the editing and dissemination of quarterly reports to the Board.
Perform complex and diverse executive assistance duties that involve high-level contacts and exposure to sensitive information, necessitating considerable use of tact, diplomacy, directions and judgment for National Director and the SLT
Local and International Travel Management
Plan and manage the National Director’s local and international trips ensuring that all travel logistics are provided, including making changes to travels
Coordination of Donor Visits
Coordinate all visits of the National Director’s office; including donors, World Vision Int. Staff, and other stakeholders, ensuring efficient delivery of travel logistics from inception to end of visits.
Advisory Council/Board Support
Ensure smooth coordination between National Director and Board members by :
- Providing relevant reports e.g. .evaluation findings, national strategy, mid-year and annual reports
- Facilitating the ND share his Performance Agreements and Performance Appraisals with Board members
- Excellent planning & organising skills
- Strong computer skills – Advanced MS Word/PowerPoint
- Interpersonal & influencing skills
- Advanced report writing skills
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Educational level required: 1st degree in the Social Sciences/Business Studies
- Four (4) years experience working experience of which two (2) years must have been in a supervisory role
- Other: Proficiency in foreign language – preferably in French will be an added advantage
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based
- Travel: As and when necessary both internally and externally
- On call: 20%